NullPointerException at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreUtils.getItemLi st

Thread: NullPointerException at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreUtils.getItemLi st

NullPointerException at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreUtils.getItemLi st

hi!

I'm getting an error when performing a volumetovolume operation.

this is the command:

Code:
    zxsuite powerstore doVolumeToVolumeMove nfssynology volumDS10
    and this is the error I receive:

Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreUtils.getItemList ( ZEPowerstoreUtils.java:117 )
            at com.zextras.powerstore.HSMVolumeMover.moveBlobs ( HSMVolumeMover.java:107 )
            at com.zextras.op.powerstore.ZEMoveVolumeBlobsOperation.doOperation ( ZEMoveVolumeBlobsOperation.java:194 )
            at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec ( ZEOperation.java:594 )
            at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreThread.execOperation ( ZEPowerstoreThread.java:173 )
            at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreThread.run ( ZEPowerstoreThread.java:106 )

here you got all my volumes, just in case you need it:

Code:
    $ zxsuite powerstore getAllVolumes 

primaries                               

id                                                          1
                    name                                                        message1
                    path                                                        /opt/zimbra/store
                    compressed                                                  false
                    threshold                                                   4096
                    current                                                     false

id                                                          3
                    name                                                        volum30g
                    path                                                        /opt/storage30g
                    compressed                                                  true

id                                                          4
                    name                                                        nfssynology
                    path                                                        /opt/storage_synology_zimbra

id                                                          5
                    name                                                        volum190g
                    path                                                        /opt/volum190g
                    current                                                     true

id                                                          6
                    name                                                        volumDS10
                    path                                                        /mnt/vmwareDS10/volumDS10
                    threshold                                                   0
            secondaries                             
            indexes                                 

id                                                          2
                    name                                                        index1
                    path                                                        /opt/zimbra/index
                    compressed                                                  false
                    current                                                     true
    Zimbra: Release 7.2.1_GA_2790.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.
    ZeXtras: 1.8.3

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Muzzol!

I see from your signature that you are running ZeXtras Suite 1.8.1. The "doVolumeToVolumeMove" operation has been completely rewritten in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.2 and furtherly optimized in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.3, so I suggest you to update to the latest version and retry...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    On a sidenote, I see that you have a lot of primary volumes and no secondary ones... It's a configuration I seldom see, may I ask why you use it?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

we had problems in the past because of big single volumes (backups, moving VMs, etc) so we prefer to mantain volumes under 200G size. in addition, we still are in a middle of enterprise-to-zextras migration and we are using a nfs volume temporarily.

I'm updating right now, I'll run command again.

ok, command is running fine now.

I've received a message about MaxPermSize. I'll change java settings after migrating this volume.

thx!