How do I remove a Seconday Store?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I remove a Seconday Store?

I was messing around with my Amazon ECS and I created a secondary store in the Powerstore which in hindsight I shouldn't have done. How do I remove it? When I select it as NOT a current store the dialog says it has been modified but it is not. When I try to migrate it to my disk it says it is not empty. Help!!! I hope I haven't messed up my Zimbra instance.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Myriad,

The Datastores created by ZeXtras Powerstore are Zimbra Mailstores in which data is moved from/to according to the configured HSM policy (see ZxPowerstore Admin Guide - ZeXtras Suite Wiki for more informations on HSM, volume types and data moving).

In order to empty a Mailstore without losing any data, you'll need to use the "doVolumeToVolumeMove" CLI command in order to transfer all the data contained in the store you want to delete to another store of your choice - which in your case I assume is the Current Primary store.
    To do so, please proceed as it follows:

1) Set the "Current" flag of the volume you want to remove to "false" so that neither Zimbra nor ZeXtras Suite will write any more data on it. This is done by selecting the volume you want to delete in the ZxPowerstore tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet, clicking on "Edit" and unchecking the "Set as current" option. Clicking OK will save the change.

2) Disable the Policy Application scheduling (if it is currently enabled) by unchecking the "Enable Policy Application scheduling" option in the ZxPowerstore tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet.

3) Check the list of the active stores to find out the names of the "source" and "destination" store. Those can be seen in the "Name" column in the ZxPowerstore tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet or through the ZeXtras CLI (as the 'zimbra' user, run: zxsuite powerstore getAllVolumes).

4) Move all the data from the volume you want to delete - from now called "Source" - to the Current Primary volume - from now on called "Destination". This is done through the ZeXtras CLI.
    As the 'zimbra' user run:

`zxsuite powerstore doVolumeToVolumeMove Source Destination`

This operation may take quite some time (the duration of the operation depends on the amount of data to be moved and the storage performance). The operation's start/end will be notified through the ZeXtras Suite Notifications, along with any error which might occour.

Once this operation is completed, you can delete the volume.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

When I disable the "Set as current" it doesn't take. The flag is still indicating current. Can I do it from the command line: zxsuite powerstore setProperty {property name} {property value}
    Last edited by Myriad; 10-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Hi Myriad.
    You can't remove the "set as current" flag, you can only set another store as current to change this setting.
    About cli command, sure you can, but with the same behaviour:
    Code:
    zxsuite powerstore doUpdateVolume {volume id} {volume type} {volume name} {volume path} {current volume "true"|"false"} {volume compressed} {compression threshold}
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

So just to be clear: I have to create ANOTHER secondary store and make it as current? My Primary store is also set as current BTW. I don't want ANY secondaries...

ZeXtras Developer ZeroZeroOne ZeXtras Reseller
    Participant

Hi, Myriad.

You have discovered a logical issue: unfortunately, you can't delete the current volume, you can't unset the current volume flag and you can't even change its type to Primary.
    I can give you two advice: keep the volume and don't use it OR you can delete the relative record on the Mysql database zimbra (table Volumes).
    Anyway we are working on it, so I suggest you to keep it and wait for a ZeXtras update.

Bye and thank you,
    kral

ZeXtras Software Alchemist

What happens if I disconnect the drive? It is an Amazon AWS so it is not entirely stable. Will it break Zimbra?

I suggest you to change the path to a local dir.

D0s0n

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

That's what I did (/opt/ps_secondary).

So I ran the command:
    /root$ zxsuite powerstore doVolumeToVolumeMove Amazon Message1

04-Oct-2012 13:02 - Error: ZeXtras ZxPowerstore Notification, MoveVolumeBlobs failed.

This is an automated notification from ZxPowerstore about MoveVolumeBlobs.

Operation MoveVolumeBlobs failed.

Operation Id: 9ba6752d-88d4-4e95-a65d-464bb346f932
    Operation Host: zmail.myriad.ca

- exception -
    [MoveVolumeBlobs] The required volume don't exist: Message1
    at com.zextras.op.powerstore.ZEHSMOperation.getVolume ByName(ZEHSMOperation.java:99)
    at com.zextras.op.powerstore.ZEMoveVolumeBlobsOperati on.doOperation(ZEMoveVolumeBlobsOperation.java:193 )
    at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec(ZEOperation.java:5 86)
    at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreThread.execOper ation(ZEPowerstoreThread.java:161)
    at com.zextras.powerstore.ZEPowerstoreThread.run(ZEPo werstoreThread.java:94)

The volume is mounted...
    Last edited by Myriad; 10-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast