Zextras Powerstore on multiserver install and Bucket S3

Thread: Zextras Powerstore on multiserver install and Bucket S3

Zextras Powerstore on multiserver install and Bucket S3

Hi,
    i installed the zextras suite on a new zimbra server to evaluate the possibility to migrate our production server on a new server with zextras installed.

I configured the Bucket S3 on the first server with success.
    If i try to add a secondary volume on the second server always on a Bucket S3 i have this error on log

2020-02-13 12:15:32,915 WARN [ZxLink Handler Thread] [tid=64;] extensions - ZeXtras Suite API Manager: Context: {"volumeType":"secondary","storeType":"S3","useInf requentAccess":"false","useIntelligentTiering":"fa lse","module":"ZxPowerstore","origin":"SOAP","requ estIp":"xx.xx.xx.xx","serverPrefix":"xxxx","infreq uentAccessThreshold":"65536","volumeName":"xxxx"," authAccountId":"xx","action":"doCreateVolume","buc ketConfigurationId":"xxxx"} | Exception: com.zextras.lib.Error.ZxError: Invalid credentials
    at com.zextras.modules.powerstore.papi.DoCreateVolume Handler.getS3Credentials (DoCreateVolumeHandler.java:584)
    at com.zextras.modules.powerstore.papi.DoCreateVolume Handler.createS3Volume (DoCreateVolumeHandler.java:437)
    at com.zextras.modules.powerstore.papi.DoCreateVolume Handler.handle (DoCreateVolumeHandler.java:167)
    at com.zextras.lib.papi.PublicAPIManager.executeLocal Command (PublicAPIManager.java:546)
    at com.zextras.lib.papi.PublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequ est (PublicAPIManager.java:332)
    at com.zextras.lib.ZELinkHandler.run (ZELinkHandler.java:157)
    at com.zextras.lib.activities.ActivityThread.run (ActivityThread.java:144)

If i test the Bucket on the Config menu the Bucket is valid.

Any help?

Thanks
    Laragio

Gil
    Moderator Participant
    Quote Originally Posted by laragio View Post
    Hi,
    i installed the zextras suite on a new zimbra server to evaluate the possibility to migrate our production server on a new server with zextras installed.

I configured the Bucket S3 on the first server with success.
    If i try to add a secondary volume on the second server always on a Bucket S3 i have this error on log

2020-02-13 12:15:32,915 WARN [ZxLink Handler Thread] [tid=64;] extensions - ZeXtras Suite API Manager: Context: {"volumeType":"secondary","storeType":"S3","useInf requentAccess":"false","useIntelligentTiering":"fa lse","module":"ZxPowerstore","origin":"SOAP","requ estIp":"xx.xx.xx.xx","serverPrefix":"xxxx","infreq uentAccessThreshold":"65536","volumeName":"xxxx"," authAccountId":"xx","action":"doCreateVolume","buc ketConfigurationId":"xxxx"} | Exception: com.zextras.lib.Error.ZxError: Invalid credentials
    at com.zextras.modules.powerstore.papi.DoCreateVolume Handler.getS3Credentials (DoCreateVolumeHandler.java:584)
    at com.zextras.modules.powerstore.papi.DoCreateVolume Handler.createS3Volume (DoCreateVolumeHandler.java:437)
    at com.zextras.modules.powerstore.papi.DoCreateVolume Handler.handle (DoCreateVolumeHandler.java:167)
    at com.zextras.lib.papi.PublicAPIManager.executeLocal Command (PublicAPIManager.java:546)
    at com.zextras.lib.papi.PublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequ est (PublicAPIManager.java:332)
    at com.zextras.lib.ZELinkHandler.run (ZELinkHandler.java:157)
    at com.zextras.lib.activities.ActivityThread.run (ActivityThread.java:144)

If i test the Bucket on the Config menu the Bucket is valid.

Any help?

Thanks
    Laragio
    Hello Laragio,

that does look like a credential issue, you should start by checking your s3 store configuration parameters by running

Code:
    zxsuite config server get $(zmhostname) attribute s3Stores
    and

Code:
    zxsuite config global get attribute s3BucketConfigurations
    as the zimbra user. Of course the resulting output cannot be posted here.

Please let us know if there is indeed a configuration parameter that has to be fixed or you still need assistance.
    Gil - Zextras Technical Support Engineering
    https://support.zextras.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    Hello Laragio,

that does look like a credential issue, you should start by checking your s3 store configuration parameters by running

Code:
    zxsuite config server get $(zmhostname) attribute s3Stores
    and

Code:
    as the zimbra user. Of course the resulting output cannot be posted here.

Please let us know if there is indeed a configuration parameter that has to be fixed or you still need assistance.
    Hi Gil,

i run the command in either server.
    For the first command i have this output

server xxx-xxx-xxx-xx-xxxx
    values

attribute s3Stores
    value

For the second command

only in the first server i have the output with the configured bucket, in the second server i have no bucket configured.

global
    values

attribute s3BucketConfigurations
    value

So i login in the admin console of the second server go to Main configuration ->Bucket S3
    and there are none bucket configured.
    So i added the bucket in the admin console of the second server and after save the config the command now have this output

global
    values

attribute s3BucketConfigurations
    value

region xxxx
    protocol HTTPS
    secret xxx
    accessKey xx
    uuid xxxx
    url
    customS3 false
    bucketName xxxx
    destinationPath /xxxx/

And now from the Zextras menu in the Powerstore of the second server i can add a secondary volume on the bucket S3

Thanks

Gil
    Moderator Participant
    Hello Laragio,

indeed bucket configurations are a global setting while while store configurations are a local setting.

The exception is when a centralized storage is used, it is possible to find all information about it in our public documentation.
    Gil - Zextras Technical Support Engineering
    https://support.zextras.com