invalid request: Could not parse DURATION string

Thread: invalid request: Could not parse DURATION string

Question invalid request: Could not parse DURATION string

hi,

I'm having problems with one device's user. There's a lot of log errors like this one in mailbox.log:

Code:
    2014-08-01 09:00:33,688 WARN  [btpool0-881://webmail.XXXX.net/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=masastreoliver@XXXX.net&DeviceId=ApplF2LLHCQHFFT5&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync] [tid=68127;] calendar - Error while retrieving calendar item 6761 in mailbox 317; skipping item
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: invalid request: Could not parse DURATION string: -PT-9M
    ExceptionId:btpool0-881://webmail.XXXX.net/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=masastreoliver@XXXX.net&DeviceId=ApplF2LLHCQHFFT5&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync:1406876433688:e5e840bf4b1b0d66
    Code:service.INVALID_REQUEST
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.INVALID_REQUEST(ServiceException.java:260)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.calendar.ParsedDuration.parse(ParsedDuration.java:310)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.calendar.Alarm.decodeMetadata(Alarm.java:700)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.CalendarItem$AlarmData.decodeMetadata(CalendarItem.java:3296)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.CalendarItem.decodeMetadata(CalendarItem.java:757)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.decodeMetadata(MailItem.java:2798)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.<init>(MailItem.java:559)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.CalendarItem.<init>(CalendarItem.java:162)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Appointment.<init>(Appointment.java:67)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.constructItem(MailItem.java:1286)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItem(Mailbox.java:2389)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getCalendarItem(Mailbox.java:3379)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getCalendarItemsForRange(Mailbox.java:3486)
    	at com.zextras.proxy.ZEMailbox.getCalendarItemsForRange(ZEMailbox.java:350)
    	at com.zextras.mobile.ZESyncCommand.getItemList(ZESyncCommand.java:236)
    	at com.zextras.mobile.syncop.Sync.handleCollection(Sync.java:912)
    	at com.zextras.mobile.syncop.Sync.doProcess(Sync.java:299)
    	at com.zextras.mobile.ZEMobileHandler.managePost(ZEMobileHandler.java:279)
    	at com.zextras.mobile.ZEActiveSyncBackend.handleActiveSyncRequest(ZEActiveSyncBackend.java:58)
    	at com.zextras.mobile.ZEActiveSyncBackend.doPost(ZEActiveSyncBackend.java:33)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.extension.ExtensionDispatcherServlet.service(ExtensionDispatcherServlet.java:99)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:585)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:988)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:415)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:429)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    I've tried going to ZxMobile administration module and reseting device ApplF2LLHCQHFFT5 but problem persists.

I've also tried to remove that item:

Code:
    $ zmmailbox -z
    mbox> sm masastreoliver@xxxx.net
    mailbox: masastreoliver@xxxx.net, size: 639.82 MB, messages: 1504, unread: 12
    mbox masastreoliver@xxxx.net> deleteItem 6761
    ERROR: service.INVALID_REQUEST (invalid request: Could not parse DURATION string: -PT-9M)
    mbox masastreoliver@xxxx.net>
    Any advice?
    Zimbra: Release 7.2.1_GA_2790.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.
    ZeXtras: 1.8.3

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Muzzol!

It looks like you are dealing with a badly formatted appointment/invite.
    Unfortunately this is a quite old issue affecting Zimbra that can't be worked around by ZeXtras Mobile because, as you noticed, Zimbra is unable to process the item in any way.

The only way out would be to delete the item from Zimbra's database, but this is not something we encourage as it's very risky and can cause manlunctions even in the long term if not done properly.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Muzzol!

The only way out would be to delete the item from Zimbra's database, but this is not something we encourage as it's very risky and can cause manlunctions even in the long term if not done properly.
    is this what you're talking about?: Deleting appointments from command-line - Zimbra :: Wiki

Is it enough removing (and recreating) full calendar resource?

by now user can't use it anyway, so it's good for me if I need to remove all calendars from user and recreate them.

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by muzzol View Post
    Yes, but you'd need to manually delete the item both from the DB and from the disk.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzol View Post
    Is it enough removing (and recreating) full calendar resource?

by now user can't use it anyway, so it's good for me if I need to remove all calendars from user and recreate them.
    Removing the calendar might work, unfortunately I have never tried to do so when I dealt with this kind of error as it always happened on the default /Calendar (lucky me)...
    If the appointment is on a different calendar you might try to export the content of the calendar via Zimbra's Import/Export, find and delete the affected item in the exported .zip, delete the original calendar and finally import the new one.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Yes, but you'd need to manually delete the item both from the DB and from the disk.
    ok, I did that following instructions from zimbra forum. There was no disk related files (id-mod_content.msg) of any of these problematic appointments, just db entries. So I deleted all those and now log is clean of INVALID_REQUEST errors.

thx for your time

You're welcome, glad this was sorted out!

Have a nice day,
    Cine