Somehow I can't send email's with pictures from my any IOS

Thread: Somehow I can't send email's with pictures from my any IOS

Somehow I can't send email's with pictures from my any IOS

in the last 24 hours I'm unable to send any new email with a pic attached from a IOS device running the latest 7.1.1

this is the sync.log I get:
    Code:
    2014-05-24 23:35:36,977 INFO  [xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.net ApplF2LLQ7XYFFGH] [tid=11230;] sync - ZxMobile Handler: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] ZxMobile Command SendMail on account xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.net from device iPhone/ApplF2LLQ7XYFFGH
    2014-05-24 23:35:36,991 WARN  [xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.net ApplF2LLQ7XYFFGH] [tid=11230;] sync - SendMail[1512]: Unable to send mail: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: Unknown image type image/jpeg;
    	name=image.jpeg
            at org.apache.geronimo.activation.handlers.AbstractImageHandler.getContent ( AbstractImageHandler.java:57 )
            at javax.activation.DataSourceDataContentHandler.getContent ( DataHandler.java:790 )
            at javax.activation.DataHandler.getContent ( DataHandler.java:537 )
            at com.zextras.mobile.syncop.SendMailBase.getFixedContentTypeMessage ( SendMailBase.java:642 )
            at com.zextras.mobile.syncop.SendMailBase.doProcess ( SendMailBase.java:561 )
            at com.zextras.mobile.ZEMobileHandler.managePost ( ZEMobileHandler.java:439 )
            at com.zextras.mobile.ZEActiveSyncBackend.handleActiveSyncRequest ( ZEActiveSyncBackend.java:87 )
            at com.zextras.mobile.ZEActiveSyncBackend.doPost ( ZEActiveSyncBackend.java:54 )
            at com.zimbra.cs.extension.ExtensionDispatcherServlet.service ( ExtensionDispatcherServlet.java:99 )
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:820 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle ( ServletHolder.java:654 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1320 )
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.RequestStringFilter.doFilter ( RequestStringFilter.java:52 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1291 )
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter ( SetHeaderFilter.java:57 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1291 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilter ( UserAgentFilter.java:82 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter ( GzipFilter.java:256 )
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ETagHeaderFilter.doFilter ( ETagHeaderFilter.java:45 )
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraQoSFilter.doFilter ( ZimbraQoSFilter.java:114 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain ( DoSFilter.java:474 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:345 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:316 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle ( ServletHandler.java:443 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle ( ScopedHandler.java:137 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle ( SecurityHandler.java:556 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle ( SessionHandler.java:227 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle ( ContextHandler.java:1044 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope ( ServletHandler.java:372 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope ( SessionHandler.java:189 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope ( ContextHandler.java:978 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle ( ScopedHandler.java:135 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle ( ContextHandlerCollection.java:255 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle ( HandlerCollection.java:154 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle ( HandlerWrapper.java:116 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle ( RewriteHandler.java:317 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.handle ( DebugHandler.java:81 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle ( HandlerWrapper.java:116 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle ( Server.java:369 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:486 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:944 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:1005 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext ( HttpParser.java:865 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable ( HttpParser.java:240 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle ( AsyncHttpConnection.java:82 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SslConnection.handle ( SslConnection.java:196 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle ( SelectChannelEndPoint.java:668 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run ( SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob ( QueuedThreadPool.java:608 )
            at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run ( QueuedThreadPool.java:543 )
            at java.lang.Thread.run ( Thread.java:744 )

PS

Sending Email with pic from web client or IMAP works as always
    even forwarding an email with pic works just not sending a new one

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello maarten!

We are currently trying to reproduce the issue you report, could you please provide the informations mentioned in section 3.1 and 3.7 of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" guide? Feel free to send the account logger logfile to community@zextras.com (no need to delete and create the account on the phone, just enable the Account Logger in debug mode and reproduce the issue).

Furthermore, I'd like to know if you tried sending different images with different sizes or if all the images are of nearly the same size and if you could reproduce the issue in older iOS versions, in other mobiles with the same iOS version or in different mobile OSs.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I did some extra testing last night and it seems I only have problems with images with the filename image.jpg (the default name iOS gives to files from the filmroll)
    When I send a pic from a dropbox account (with a different file name but still a jpeg) it all works

I will get the logfiles and send them asap.
    Thx

Hello!

The Dev Team ran some tests and found out that the issue is not related to the filename per-se, but to how the email is composed: instead of being a multipart message with no content and a binary part, the message found in the log is a binary-only message, which ZeXtras Mobile is currently unable to handle. The "dropbox" email, on the other hand, is a multipart message and thus has been processed correctly.

The following bug has been opened on the ZeXtras Bugzilla: Bug 125 ? ZeXtras Mobile can't handle binary-only emails
    The fix for this issue is slotted for ZeXtras Suite 1.8.16.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thanks for the quick response,
    is this changed behavior from iOS, since it was working a few day's ago?

Can I get notice when a test build with fix is avalible?

Thanks

Maarten

Hello Marteen,

you have a PM

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team