mail sync problem on LG G

Thread: mail sync problem on LG G

mail sync problem on LG G

Hi,

I tried to configure ZxMobile Active sync on LG Optimus G (Android 4.1.2) to my Zimbra 8.0.5 on Ubuntu 12.4 (Zextras Core 1.8.11) but only with partial success. On ZxMobile I can see that device registered successfully and its status is Normal (but it registers using EAS 2.5). The phone raports connection as succesfull. It can sync Contacts, Calendar and Task with no problem. It can even sync mail folders and list them in its Emal app but when I open any folder App shows it as Empty and switch off itself after few seconds.

It's pretty strange problem. In the same email app I can succesfull configure any other Exchange Account I have (eg. MS Hotmail) and it works like a charm.

When I add debug loger from ZxMobile CLI in log file I can see that device connects and email massages are sent to it (but as I described they not show up on the phone and app switches off).

Could you please provide my any help how to deal with it.

Regards,
    Michał Kaźmierczyk

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Michał!

Quote Originally Posted by mkazmierczyk View Post
    Hi,

I tried to configure ZxMobile Active sync on LG Optimus G (Android 4.1.2) to my Zimbra 8.0.5 on Ubuntu 12.4 (Zextras Core 1.8.11) but only with partial success. On ZxMobile I can see that device registered successfully and its status is Normal (but it registers using EAS 2.5). The phone raports connection as succesfull. It can sync Contacts, Calendar and Task with no problem. It can even sync mail folders and list them in its Emal app but when I open any folder App shows it as Empty and switch off itself after few seconds.
    This is pretty uncommon... It looks like the client either crashes because of one of the emails that have been synchronized or because of an issue in the client itself.

In order to identify the email causing this issue, please follow this steps:
    - Close the email client on the device.
    - Create a new mail folder in the Zimbra Web Client.
    - Move all emails received in the period of time set as "Days to Sync" from the Inbox to the new folder.
    - Open the email client and enter the Inbox (which should now be empty).
    - On the Zimbra Web Client, start moving emails once at the time from the newly created folder back to the inbox and wait for the phone to sync.
    - Should the client crash after moving a particular email, that is very likely to be the culprit. Move the email out of the inbox and proceed with moving all other emails back to the inbox.

Once you find one or more troubling emails, please forward them as attachments to community@zextras.com so that the Dev Team can analyze those and search for the cause that makes the client crash.

It's pretty strange problem. In the same email app I can succesfull configure any other Exchange Account I have (eg. MS Hotmail) and it works like a charm.

When I add debug loger from ZxMobile CLI in log file I can see that device connects and email massages are sent to it (but as I described they not show up on the phone and app switches off).
    Could you please send the Account Logger file to community@zextras.com so that I'll be able to have a look at it?

Could you please provide my any help how to deal with it.

Regards,
    Michał Kaźmierczyk
    We'll surely do our best!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hi Cine,

Thanks for quick reply.

So, things are going to be even more strange. I created a new folder and moved there all my emails no older than 3 days. On the phone (in its native email client) I configured syncing only 1 day.

And here comes a trick, when in my Inbox there are no emails no older than sync period (what means that no email should be sync) app refreshes and show empty Inbox (desired behavior). But if only I move any new email (no matter which one) to my Inbox the email app is refeshing but just after it swiches off.

So, it seems that if any mail is to be sync the app crashes. I could assume that it is app problem but it works with any other mail servers like Exchange or eg. Hotmail.

I try to create a logger and send it to you if ti could help.

Regards,
    Michał Kaźmierczyk

Hello Michał!

I received the logs, but unfortunately without the full log (obtained as described at
    How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue - ZeXtras Suite Wiki) I won't be able to perform a complete analysis.

After sending the log, I'd also try to switch to EAS14 mode to make sure that this is not a compatibility issue of the device:

- Delete the account from the mobile.
    - Delete the account from the "Registered Devices" and "Active Devices" lists in the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet.
    - Restart the mobile.
    - Enable EAS14 for your account (in the Zimbra Admin Console, check the "Enable EAS14beta" box in the ZxMobile tab of your user's settings)
    - Create the account on the device.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hallo again,

The log I've sent you is all I can get from "zxsuite mobile doAddAccountLogger" (it was created as debug). I've vreated logger and then tried to sync my account from phone. Exactly the same procedure is described in Wiki article you mentioned. Could you describe your what you expect to get more detailed.

I ve also tried to switch to EAS 14 as you advised. I deleted my account on the phone the deleted device from ZxMobile admin panel (it was only in registered devices list), then I restarted my phone and tried to add account again but the same situation happenes. What is weird device once again registed isself as EAS 2.5.

I have no idea how to force it to use EAS 14.

Regards,
    Michał

Hello Michał!

In order to enable EAS14 for your account, you need to
    check the "Enable EAS14beta" box in the ZxMobile tab of your user's settings within the ZeXtras Adimin Console....

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Yes I know it, except android phone I have been also using Outlook 2013 for few months (without any problem). So, I have EAS 14 enabled for my user account.

Regards,
    Michał

Hello

In this case it looks like you stumbled on the bug described at http://forums.zextras.com/zxmobile/7...-1-8-11-a.html. Installing ZeXtras Suite 1.8.11 Hotfix 1 (http://www.zextras.com/download/zext....11-HotFix.tgz) should allow the device to properly sync in EAS14 mode. You'll need to repeat the "delete and create" process again after installing the hotfixed package.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hallo,

Thank you for your help in resolving EAS version problem. Now, my phone register as EAS 14.

BUT the initial problem with mails not showing up and app switching off remains the same.

HELP !!!!

Regards,
    Michał