Mobilesync through just Zimbra Webmail?

Thread: Mobilesync through just Zimbra Webmail?

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller

Mobilesync through just Zimbra Webmail?

Hi,

Many of my clients have older versions of Outlook (2010, 2007, even 2003). As Zextras Mobile won't work with these old versions, I am wondering if I could persuade these clients to switch to Zimbra Open Source webmail client. But, will full mobile sync of Zextras Mobile work when using just the Zimbra Webmail client? Or, does it require Outlook 2013?

If it's possible, I could probably convince these clients to shift to Webmail after importing their Outlook .pst file into Webmail.

Thanks in advance.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello zimaster!

ZeXtras Mobile is a server-side software which must be installed on the Zimbra server and is 100% client independent, as the synchronization is done directly with the server itself without any middleware.

Moving from a client to the Zimbra webmail is always worth it, IMHO, as you eliminate a possible source of problems from your users' workflow (this is my personal opinion, obviously).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello zimaster!

ZeXtras Mobile is a server-side software which must be installed on the Zimbra server and is 100% client independent, as the synchronization is done directly with the server itself without any middleware.
    Hello Cine, thanks for your answer. Sorry to ask again, but can I guarantee to our clients that full-fledged mobile synchronization using Zextras Mobile will work for all smartphone types (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Windows etc.) if they use just Zimbra webmail 8.0 client (Open source version)?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello zimaster!

Quote Originally Posted by zimaster View Post
    can I guarantee to our clients that full-fledged mobile synchronization using Zextras Mobile will work for all smartphone types (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Windows etc.) if they use just Zimbra webmail 8.0 client (Open source version)?
    Yes

All Exchange ActiveSync-capable devices will be able to synchronize your customer's Zimbra mailboxes natively and straight from the server. Such devices are:

- Android devices running Android 2.2.1+
    - Apple devices running iOS 3+
    - Blackberry devices running BlackberryOS 10+
    - Symbian devices running Symbian S60+
    - Windows Mobile/Phone devices running Windows Mobile 6.1+ or Windows Mobile 7+

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery