EAS Synchronization Issues on Android 4.4 (KitKat)

Thread: EAS Synchronization Issues on Android 4.4 (KitKat)

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar

EAS Synchronization Issues on Android 4.4 (KitKat)

Hello everybody!

There have been multiple reports on the Internet of a bug affecting Android 4.4 that causes Exchange ActiveSync accounts to get stuck in a loop after the first sync.

Additional informations are available at:
    https://productforums.google.com/for...k/4GpCX-KHrA4J (official Nexus product forums)
    https://code.google.com/p/android/is...sort=&id=61785 (official Android issue tracker)

We are still investigating the issue and cannot confirm whether it's an issue only related to Nexus5 devices or if it will affect other devices. While we keep on testing, feel free to share your Android 4.4 experiences here!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

My contacts and email sync ok. My calendar will display some (not all) items from zimbra, then go blank, then show the items again.....repeat. This constant sync is eating up the battery.

zextras v1.8.11 with hotfix and eas14.1 enabled, recreated android account on nexus5 so that it appears with eas14.1 enabled on zxmobile admin page.
    zimbra 8.03_ga_5664.foss

Hi all,

I would like to confirm that the last fix from Google (KitKat 4.4.2) on Nexus completely solved this problem.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by zibi View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to confirm that the last fix from Google (KitKat 4.4.2) on Nexus completely solved this problem.

Regards
    Hello Zibi,
    that's great news!

I would like to add that we just got our test Nexus 5, and the sync is going smoothly even on the stock Android 4.4.0.
    I can finally confirm that the issue does not affect ZeXtras Mobile

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I updated to 4.4.2 but the problem remains, I am using the touchdown trial as a workaround but would prefer the native apps.

Quote Originally Posted by bobaghanouj View Post
    I updated to 4.4.2 but the problem remains, I am using the touchdown trial as a workaround but would prefer the native apps.
    Hello bobaghanouj!

The Android bug mentioned in the OP does not affect ZeXtras Suite, so the cause of your calendar sync issues cannot be related to it. I suspect another type of client issue, since Touchdown for Smartphones works, but I still suggest you to open a dedicated thread following the guidelines mentioned at How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue - ZeXtras Suite Wiki. Please make sure you follow the instructions reported in section 3.7.1 of the page I linked, and send the logfiles to community@zextras.com after opening the new thread.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team