About Zxmobile and outlook

Thread: About Zxmobile and outlook

About Zxmobile and outlook

Dear Cine,
    I am not sure if my understanding is correct and wish to clarify. I have read some post in this section and seems if the Zimbra server was installed the Zxmobile and can get the Outlook synchronize its mail,calender and contact list with Zimbra server. If this is correct?

If so, if it support Zimbra server 7.x version and outlook 2010 or earlier version? Where I can refer more document or article on this issue?

Regards
    Elam

Senior Member Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Outlook 2013 I believe using ActiveSync.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello elam!

The ZeXtras Mobile module provides an Exchange ActiveSync stack to your server, so any Exchange ActiveSync client can synchronize through ZeXtras Mobile. As Innovot correctly said, the only Outlook version capable to do so is Outlook 2013, because older versions use a different protocols (MAPI or EWS).

You can find more informations about the ZeXtras Mobile module at http://www.zextras.com/zextras-mobile-for-zimbra.html, while the technical docs can be found on the ZeXtras Wiki at ZxMobile - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Thanks a lot and I will have a try.

ELam

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello elam!

The ZeXtras Mobile module provides an Exchange ActiveSync stack to your server, so any Exchange ActiveSync client can synchronize through ZeXtras Mobile. As Innovot correctly said, the only Outlook version capable to do so is Outlook 2013, because older versions use a different protocols (MAPI or EWS).

You can find more informations about the ZeXtras Mobile module at http://www.zextras.com/zextras-mobile-for-zimbra.html, while the technical docs can be found on the ZeXtras Wiki at ZxMobile - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I wish to ask if the zimbra server must firstly enable the SSL before the outlook 2013 can sychronize with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello elam!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elam View Post
    I wish to ask if the zimbra server must firstly enable the SSL before the outlook 2013 can sychronize with it?
    Hello Elam!

Outlook 2013 will only connect to the server through SSL and will only accept a trusted certificate, so you'll need to enable SSL on your server and make sure that the cert you are using is trusted by the client (so if you use a self-signed cert you'll need to import it on the client PC).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery