phone numbers are not synced on my android device

Thread: phone numbers are not synced on my android device

phone numbers are not synced on my android device

I notice a bug with my contacts on my phone synced with zxmobile. i currently use 1.8.9 on a freshed installed server.

My contacts are synced but not the phone numbers ! Only names and email. Why ?

I tried with an alternate sync server bases on Zpush (syncing on the same Zimbra server) and this time contacts are synced with phone numbers

I'm not sure that the problem is with all android phone. I notice this bug with an old samsung galaxy S (I9000) and an alternate custom rom (cyanogenmod). So it could explain the problem, but curiously with zpush all is ok on the same phone.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello fgossart!

This is a very strange issue... Could you pleas provide us with the informations mentioned in the "The Golden Rule" and "ZxMobile" sections of the "IMPORTANT: How to report a ZeXtras Suite Issue" announcement thread?

Also, could you please export a couple of your contacts in .csv format and send the file to community@zextras.com?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 09-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello fgossart!

This is a very strange issue... Could you pleas provide us with the informations mentioned in the "The Golden Rule" and "ZxMobile" sections of the "IMPORTANT: How to report a ZeXtras Suite Issue" announcement thread?

Also, could you please export a couple of your contacts in .csv format and send the file to community@zextras.com?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    For the golden rules, I think I have already done it in other posts in in this one. I currently use on a single server latest Zextras/zimbra releases.
    I send you now some contacts by mail.

Hi Fabrice,

the contacts you sent seem ok, but to understand something, we need the debug log of the sync session with these contats, so please retry to follow the ZXMOBILE steps.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

I found the problem but cannot solve it.
    The problem is not with phone numbers !

I made a big mistake.
    The contact sync seems to be only with one contact folder.
    With Zpush I could sync all contacts folder even shared contacts with other users. it was very usefull, because we have some common contacts for the same domain, and we share them.
    Is it possible to sync all the contacts folders to android, even shared contacts, as we can do it with zpush ?

Hello fgossart!

Shared Items are not currently supported by ZeXtras Mobile: our choice of not relying on a middleware like ZPush does (which is a pretty big difference) puts us in front of some technical limitations that we are trying to overcome the best way possible in order to offer this feature in a future ZeXtras Suite version.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello fgossart!

Shared Items are not currently supported by ZeXtras Mobile: our choice of not relying on a middleware like ZPush does (which is a pretty big difference) puts us in front of some technical limitations that we are trying to overcome the best way possible in order to offer this feature in a future ZeXtras Suite version.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    When do you think to offer this feature ?

Hello fgossart!

Quote Originally Posted by fgossart View Post
    When do you think to offer this feature ?
    There is no ETA at the moment, we are currently focussing on EAS14.1 for ZeXtras Mobile and XMPP for ZeXtras Chat... I suggest you to keep an eye on the "News and Announcement" section of the forums to keep up to date with the new releases and features!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team