EAS 14 and android schema

Thread: EAS 14 and android schema

EAS 14 and android schema

Hi,

A good improvement in provisionning is the ability to force the locking of the device (iOS or Android). But on Android, it is not possible to use a simple schema to unlock the device.

Is it possible to add two options for android devices :
    - PIN code,
    - Schema ?

Thanks,

le_gache

The more you fail... The more you succeed...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZCS 8.0.4 OSE - Zextras 1.8.9 - CentOS 6.4 64 bits on Hyper-V
    Last edited by le_gache; 08-27-2013 at 01:11 PM.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello le_gache,
    welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately it's not possible to force the use of Android's pattern/face recognition unlock modes through the Exchange ActiveSync protocol, as [EDIT: Removed incorrect informations - SORRY GUYS ] those are not supported by the protocol itself.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 08-27-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    the pin code is a standard feature (the code is stored in the SIM card, which is a mandatory component in all GSM devices) supported by the protocol itself other unlock modes are simply a software "security measure" - which can be easily bypassed - which is not supported by EAS.
    I understand what you wrote but it is not completely true, on my two devices, the PIN code to unlock the phone is not the PIN code of the SIM card. It is a software PIN code, just like the schema is software.

But it is an Android feature, not possible in iOS or Windows...

My android users will have to stop this "so cool" schema and use the PIN code...

Another thing, when I activate "Enable mobile policy" on an android phone (samsung galaxy S3 and LG optimus G, both in 4.1.2), it is impossible to have "Require password" unchecked. So, if i want to let my android users have their schema, it is impossible to have them using the other features of the device policy.

Thank you for your answer,

Gache.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by le_gache View Post
    I understand what you wrote but it is not completely true, on my two devices, the PIN code to unlock the phone is not the PIN code of the SIM card. It is a software PIN code, just like the schema is software.
    My bad, I confirm that the EAS unlock code and the SIM's PIN are two different things... Nonetheless, only the unlock code is supported by the EAS protocol, so no luck on this.

Another thing, when I activate "Enable mobile policy" on an android phone (samsung galaxy S3 and LG optimus G, both in 4.1.2), it is impossible to have "Require password" unchecked. So, if i want to let my android users have their schema, it is impossible to have them using the other features of the device policy.
    Is the "Use EAS 14" checbox below the "Enable Synchronization for this account" one also checked? The EAS14 protocol must be active for the account in order to change any provisioning option.
    If the checkbox is correctly checked please report the informations described in the "The Golden Rule" and "General" section of the "IMPORTANT: How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" announcement thread.

Thank you for your answer,

Gache.
    You're welcome!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team