EAS 14X - BETA-testers feedback

Thread: EAS 14X - BETA-testers feedback

bpb

Exclamation EAS 14X - BETA-testers feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    In order to tweak or disable them, you must access the Zimbra Administration Console in "ZeXtras Dev Mode" by adding "?zxdev=1" at the end of the URL (e.g. https://mail.domain.com:7071/?zxdev=1).
    This will enable all Provisioning Options in the ZxMobile tab of your user, something which is usually only available if the EAS14/EAS14.1 protocols are enabled server-wide.

The official documentation for this new set of features is currently being prepared and will be added to the ZeXtras Mobile section of the ZeXtras Wiki soon.
    I was going to ask something similar: is this the method to set the mobile COS options server-wide? I can set them on an individual, per-user basis now; however I don't see where I can set the global COS so I don't have to tailor each individual user's settings.

Edit: Now I see; logging in with the ?zxdev=1 enabled the COS mobile policy settings. Just what I was looking for.
    Will this eventually be integrated into the regular admin login URL, or should I save that extension to use as my regular administrator login?

Edit: By the way, I'm loving these additional features of the EAX 14 & 14.1! This is great!
    Last edited by bpb; 08-14-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Answered my own question

Hi bpb and welcome to our forums!

it's working as intended for the 1.8.9 release because the EAS 14.X is in BETA status now (only for single user as you noticed)!
    But if you are brave you can enable the newer EAS protocol at server level by setting a mobile property with 2 CLI commands:
    Code:
    $ zxsuite mobile getproperty ZxMobile_EAS140
    $ zxsuite mobile getproperty ZxMobile_EAS141
    With this settings, the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet enables all new settings on regular logins.

If you want try some new EAS14X features you can also install the devel branch build by downloading UNSTABLE packages from HERE! (added support for privacy status on caledar event and some other improvements).

Keep us updated on your tests!

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi Beta-testers!

We just updated the DEVEL package available at http://www.zextras.com/download/zext....8.9-devel.tgz with some little improvements:

• Added text preview on WP8 e-mails
    • Fixed the imap deleted filter (*Enabling this filter impacts on server performaces).

Have a nice day!
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators