Address Book Exclusion from Syncronization

Thread: Address Book Exclusion from Syncronization

Address Book Exclusion from Syncronization

Hi folks,

I use to have several address books on my Zimbra account in order to organize different groups of contacts. For example, all my contacts I used at my former company are stored in a separate address book so that they are not synced to my mobile, but still present in my Zimbra environment. Formerly, I used z-push for synchronization and it worked perfectly to "hide" that folder as a subfolder of the "Emailed Contacts" folder. Igave the zExtras Mobile package a try now, and it silently synchronizes this additional folder with my mobile. Is there a way to exclude that group of contacts from synchronization?

Thanks for your help,

Martin

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello marw,
    welcome to the forums!

ZeXtras Mobile presents the client with all available folders and lets the client decide which ones to sync.
    The default behaviour varies based on the client in use, exactly as the ability to exclude folders from the sync (e.g. I know for sure that Touchdown for Smartphones allows you to choose which folders to sync, while the default Android client does not).

If you think that excluding one or more folders from the sync would be a useful feature, please file an "Enhancement" request in the ZeXtras Bugzilla.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team