ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar

ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks

Hello everybody!

Please use this thread to give us any feedback or report any issue regarding our newest beta feature: Outlook 2013 synchronization through ZeXtras Mobile.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller
    Hi Cine,

Just a quick feedback. I was able to configure Outlook 2013 without any issues with our Zimbra server. Even the test message was sent successfully.

The outlook would not sync any email though as it was constantly waiting for the connection. After couple of tries, it crashed the Zimbra server and Zimbra services had to be restarted.

Just did the following:

zxsuite mobile setProperty ZxMobile_WindowSizeLimit 25

I will report if the above helped with my test mailbox (quite a large one, though)

Oliver

Cine,

I can confirm I was now able to setup another account in the Outlook 2013 successfully, it took a while to sync but it all went well. This was much smaller mailbox - about 400MB compare to the 1st one (6GB) I tried to setup. I will try to setup the larger mailbox and report again. But so far I can confirm the sync works 100%, 2 ways of course :-)

May I congratulate you and your team for fantastic work here?

Oliver

Cine,

Last update, just tried to add 2 larger accounts (not the same time) to Otlook 2013 and this task completely crashed the Zimbra server. The java usage went to 100% and the server become unresponsive. No Zimbra services crashed, but the server due to the java cpu usage was unresponsive.

So based on my simple testing, smaller accounts/mailboxes are fine, larger would kick Java process UP and to save the situation only zimbra services restart would help.

Oliver

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Oliver,

Could you please try to lower the "ZxMobile_WindowSizeLimit" property a bit more (10 should be good) and retry?

Also, it would also be very useful to know the following info about your infrastructure:
    - Number of mailboxd servers
    - OS and Arch
    - Zimbra version
    - CPU(s)
    - RAM
    - Heap Size (zmlocalconfig | grep
    mailboxd_java_heap_size)
    - PermGen Size (
    zmlocalconfig | grep mailboxd_java_options)

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hi Cine and everyone else who is reading this thread.

I am now happy to confirm the sync works 100% even with larger mailboxes. What I have to do is the following as zimbra user:

zxsuite mobile setProperty ZxMobile_WindowSizeLimit 25

zmlocalconfig -e mailboxd_java_options="-server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=60 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:PermSize=196m -XX:MaxPermSize=350m -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

- the above command as I had PermSize set to 128MB which was clearly not enough

and the last thing:

zmlocalconfig -e mailboxd_java_heap_size=1971

as my original heap size was only 947

finished with:

zmmailboxdctl reload

One advice, be patient! Specially if you have larger mailbox with a lot of folders. You might think the sync is not working - well, it is, it is just randomly updating folders so you might not see items in your mailbox straight away!

Let me use this opportunity to thank Cine and his team for such a fantastic work!

Oliver

sent item

Hellow Cine

This update is really very much helpful for outlook users. There is an issue even after doing tweak shown by Oliver. Most of my mailboxes synced ok. But some of my mail box stacked while syncing sent item (in sent item there is only 1234 items and 249 MB). Could you please pour some knowledge to over come the problem.

Regards
    Rimon
    Last edited by rimon@norwest.com.bd; 05-30-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: lack of info

Hi,

sorry for that stupid question. Do you configure Outlook 20xx as Exchange with zimbra + zextras mobile?
    I tried with 2010 and 2007 and didn't get it working.

Is this something that should work this way or do I need any thing additional?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtfalke View Post
    Hi,

sorry for that stupid question. Do you configure Outlook 20xx as Exchange with zimbra + zextras mobile?
    I tried with 2010 and 2007 and didn't get it working.

Is this something that should work this way or do I need any thing additional?

Thank you!
    Configured Outlook 2013. and most probably only this version of outlook can be configured. You will find "Outlook.com or Exchange ActiveSync Compatible service". You will not find such option in any version of outlook except outlook 2013.

yes i have configured 2013 as exchange compatible service with zimbra + zextras mobile. working great.
    Nachtfalke likes this.

Hi Cine

Could you take outlook 2013 in mind. As Outlook 2013 cannot sync contact group right now in "Microsoft Exchange active sync compatibility". Do you have any other way to do the same?

Regards
    Rimon

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM