ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks

  1. #41
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Hi, can't zxmobile be updated so the outlook 2013 syncs only the headers first or at least make the inbox sync before other folders (I think it syncs in alphabetical order)?

    Maybe we could set the sync order, something like "inbox -> sent -> others"?

    It just takes forever to sync big accounts (over 10gb) and the inbox never syncs first, which make the extras kind of unusable with outlook, mainly when you have numerous accounts..

    I've already tried all suggestions on this post, but still the sync is very slow, doesn't compares to IMAP..

    Thanks

    Cassio
    Last edited by cassioac; 07-20-2014 at 03:49 AM.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hi, is anyone else having problems with syncing Outlook 2013 with Zimbra calendar and tasks? Whenever I use it, it puts the wrong time zone in Outlook (although the correct one is in the server), and I've found out people don't get calendar invites when I send them from Outlook when modifying an event. In fact, it just stays stuck in the Outbox. I don't seem to have a problem when I create an event in Outlook, but it simply doesn't work when I modify the event.

    Also, there is no synchronization on recipient tracking; I get messages that people have accepted my invite but the calendar event in Outlook says that no responses have been received. Meanwhile, the tracking is working properly in Zimbra Webmail.

    Another odd thing that occurs is that it overrides my categories in the calendar; I know that EAS does not sync categories, but I don't understand why it changes the categories I use in Outlook.

    I run four accounts in Zimbra and need to run separate calendars and tasks for them. Zextras does not appear to be working.

    If it makes any difference, I have Outlook 2013 installed from a Office 365 Home account.

    Please advise.

    -Yusuf

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    I read "Microsoft Outlook 2013's "Labels" (aka "Categories") are now fully supported" in changelog.
    It works when I set label(category) in Outlook 2013 and sync to Zimbra but doesn't work when I set label in Zimbra. Should this work full sync or just one-way?

    Zimbra 8.0.7_GA_6021
    ZeXtras 1.10.0
    Outlook 2013 15.0.4659.1001

    Please advise.

    MolS

  4. #44
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    I'm using latest 8.5 Zimbra with 1.10 Zextras. I eoncountered this problem

    "Cannot move the items" error when you move items from an Outlook 2013 client to an EAS store
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...?forum=outlook

    I just don't understand if this is a limitation of the ActiveSync protocol or this is something that I can solve with configuration. This is annoying, I can't move or copy messages to other Outlook 2013 accounts, but why? I cannot understand the reason. To do so, I have to configure the same account but in IMAP, but this is a workaround, not a solution....

    Someone else has a better solution?

    EDIT: I got it, this is an Outlook 2013 issue
    Last edited by piter; 11-07-2014 at 03:42 PM.

  5. #45
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Hello everybody, and welcome to the forums to all new users!

    A much needed update on your latest feedbacks:

    Quote Originally Posted by piter View Post
    Hi,

    I'm using latest 8.5 Zimbra with 1.10 Zextras. I eoncountered this problem

    "Cannot move the items" error when you move items from an Outlook 2013 client to an EAS store
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...?forum=outlook

    I just don't understand if this is a limitation of the ActiveSync protocol or this is something that I can solve with configuration. This is annoying, I can't move or copy messages to other Outlook 2013 accounts, but why? I cannot understand the reason. To do so, I have to configure the same account but in IMAP, but this is a workaround, not a solution....

    Someone else has a better solution?
    Unfortunately the behaviour you mention is entirely client-driven, meaning that Outlook 2013 itself does not allow to move items between EAS account.
    Because of this, there is no workaround or fix that can be implemented into ZeXtras Mobile to allow you moving items from and to EAS accounts.

    Quote Originally Posted by tedisred View Post
    Hi,

    I read "Microsoft Outlook 2013's "Labels" (aka "Categories") are now fully supported" in changelog.
    It works when I set label(category) in Outlook 2013 and sync to Zimbra but doesn't work when I set label in Zimbra. Should this work full sync or just one-way?

    Zimbra 8.0.7_GA_6021
    ZeXtras 1.10.0
    Outlook 2013 15.0.4659.1001

    Please advise.

    MolS
    We are currently working on improving Labels compatibility, expect news soon


    Quote Originally Posted by ymumtaz View Post
    Hi, is anyone else having problems with syncing Outlook 2013 with Zimbra calendar and tasks? Whenever I use it, it puts the wrong time zone in Outlook (although the correct one is in the server), and I've found out people don't get calendar invites when I send them from Outlook when modifying an event. In fact, it just stays stuck in the Outbox. I don't seem to have a problem when I create an event in Outlook, but it simply doesn't work when I modify the event.

    Also, there is no synchronization on recipient tracking; I get messages that people have accepted my invite but the calendar event in Outlook says that no responses have been received. Meanwhile, the tracking is working properly in Zimbra Webmail.

    Another odd thing that occurs is that it overrides my categories in the calendar; I know that EAS does not sync categories, but I don't understand why it changes the categories I use in Outlook.

    I run four accounts in Zimbra and need to run separate calendars and tasks for them. Zextras does not appear to be working.

    If it makes any difference, I have Outlook 2013 installed from a Office 365 Home account.

    Please advise.

    -Yusuf
    Calendaring in general, and especially appointment managment on Outlook 2013 has been greatly improved in ZeXtras Suite 1.10.0: give it a try, I hope you won't be disappointed!

    Quote Originally Posted by cassioac View Post
    Hi, can't zxmobile be updated so the outlook 2013 syncs only the headers first or at least make the inbox sync before other folders (I think it syncs in alphabetical order)?

    Maybe we could set the sync order, something like "inbox -> sent -> others"?

    It just takes forever to sync big accounts (over 10gb) and the inbox never syncs first, which make the extras kind of unusable with outlook, mainly when you have numerous accounts..

    I've already tried all suggestions on this post, but still the sync is very slow, doesn't compares to IMAP..

    Thanks

    Cassio
    The Exchange ActiveSync protocol is quite new compared to IMAP and Outlook's implementation of the former has proven itself quite far from optimal, so differences in performance are expected...

    Restricting the first sync to "headers only" is not possible unless the client explicitly asks the server for just the headers - which is something Outlook 2013 doesn't do AFAIR.

    On the other hand, I'll discuss with the Dev Team the synchronization order to verify if something can be optimized on that side. The main problem is that Outlook 2013 tries to sync all folders in a single batch instead of going folder-by-folder like the vast majority of clients (see my previous sentence protocol implementation ) so I'm afraid there's not much that can be done.


    Have a nice day to you all,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1
    Hello Cine,

    I am using the 1.99.1 Beta ZeXtras, however the option that I need which is the Calendar Sharing in Outlook 2013 still appears disabled as attached image.
    ***Image link removed by Cine***

    Let me know how to solve this issue?

    -----------------

    Olá Cine,

    Estou utilizando a versão 1.99.1 Beta do ZeXtras, porem a opção que mais estou precisando que é o Compartilhamento de Calendário no Outlook 2013 ainda aparece desabilitado conforme imagem em anexo.
    ***Image link removed by Cine***

    Sabe me informar como resolver esta questão?

  7. #47
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Hello loginhost!

    Sorry for the late response, your post got caught in an interdimensional wormhole and wasn't visible in the moderation queue until some moments ago :'(

    Outlook's "Share Calendar" feature is not related to ZxMobile and the synchronization of Zimbra shared calendars, which are managed via the ZeXtras Client Zimlet as described on the "How To" section of the official ZeXtras Suite 1.99.x info and feedback thread.
    Please refer to the information in such thread for anything regarding the current ZeXtras Suite beta and report any issues there (even those affecting Outlook 2013)...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1
    Hello, I have 90% of my users with Outlook 2013 and I have a conversation that is very slow or not. a difference of those that handle Outlook 2016 that works them correctly. according to the wiki I should do this but I do not understand what values I should place

    This command, which defines the maximum number of items that are synchronized by each folder at one time, by default is set to 75, but can be changed to 10/15 without affecting the device's mobile connections. ).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •