ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ZeXtras Mobile Outlook 2013 - Feedbacks

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi fgossart!

In order to properly assist you I'd like to have the informations described in the "The Golden Rule", "General" and "ZxMobile" sections of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" thread and some info about your installation:

• mono/multi server?
    • Ram/Cpu and average load?
    • how many users?
    • how many mobile connections?
    • how many Outlook 2013? (are all up-to-date?)
    • ...other important details?

D0s0n
    Mono server
    4G RAM 90% load CPU <20%
    42 users
    4 mobiles connection
    3 outlook updated

For the moment my outlook display all folders up to date.
    I can remmber that I was stopping outlook and wanted to start again but it didn't start . So I reboot computer. Make it twices. Perhaps it causes the problem

I can confirm that my folders are empty again and I didn't stop outlook or reboot.
    in sync log I see
    TimeWindow changed, resetting mailbox sequence
    What does it mean ?
    Last edited by fgossart; 08-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Could you please send as your logs as stated in ZxMobile sections of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue"?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Could you please send as your logs as stated in ZxMobile sections of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue"?

D0s0n
    i can't find "How ro report Zextras Suite issue"

You can find it a my previous post: Announcements - ZxMobile
    It's a sticky post on every our forums

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello testers!

I just wanted you to know that the latest Outlook 2013 build - v. 15.0.4517.1509 - solves a lot of encoding and display issues, so updating is highly recommended!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I am finding the transition between inbox and calendar in outlook 2013 to be very slow (like 10 or more seconds) when using Outlook with zextras mobile. Anyone seeing that happen? The user has a large calendar, but it shouldnt be that slow.

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    I am finding the transition between inbox and calendar in outlook 2013 to be very slow (like 10 or more seconds) when using Outlook with zextras mobile. Anyone seeing that happen? The user has a large calendar, but it shouldnt be that slow.
    Hello MACscr!

This behaviour has never been reported to the IT Support team, so I invite anywhone who experiences the same issue to share their experience here! I'll run some specific tests myself and report back if I find anything interesting...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

How should we troubleshoot Outlook 2013 all of a sudden losing all emails, calendars, and contacts, but saying its up to date? Then all of a sudden after a few outlook restarts, they come back, but not all. Aka, most of the emails have came backup, but the calendar is empty. Again, with outlook saying its fully sycned. I have double checked and Outlook is fully updated.

1) Is there a way to force the sync?
    2) How can I force a complete resync of everything if needed without deleting the users outlook profile?
    3) Is there a particular zimbra log I should be looking at that might shed some light?

Ive honestly not been happy with the activesync support with outlook 2013 and zextras mobile so far. Its very slow to initially sync, troubles like above happen from time to time, and outlook in general is much slower (like the when used with activesync versus the zimbra ne outlook connector. =/

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    How should we troubleshoot Outlook 2013 all of a sudden losing all emails, calendars, and contacts, but saying its up to date? Then all of a sudden after a few outlook restarts, they come back, but not all. Aka, most of the emails have came backup, but the calendar is empty. Again, with outlook saying its fully sycned. I have double checked and Outlook is fully updated.

1) Is there a way to force the sync?
    2) How can I force a complete resync of everything if needed without deleting the users outlook profile?
    3) Is there a particular zimbra log I should be looking at that might shed some light?

Ive honestly not been happy with the activesync support with outlook 2013 and zextras mobile so far. Its very slow to initially sync, troubles like above happen from time to time, and outlook in general is much slower (like the when used with activesync versus the zimbra ne outlook connector. =/
    Hello MACscr!

1 - Not that I'm aware of.
    2 - You can force a full resync by removing the appropriate entry from both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZxMobile section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet. This will reset the SyncState for the user/client pair forcing Outlook to resync from scratch.
    3- The sync.log file contains all information about all mobile clients, and you can add an Account Logger with "debug" verbosity to keep a closer eye on an user. I also suggest to enable Outlook's Advanced Logging. Feel free to send both the account logger and the Outlook logfiles to community@zextras.com, I'll be glad to have a look at those.

Unfortunately Outlook 2013's EAS implementation is pretty meager at the moment and suffers from some defects due to the novelty of this feature, while other products use a more estabilished and appropriate protocol with a more mature implementation. The huge quality improvements since the first Outlook 2013 releases are surely encouraging, but at the moment I'd only suggest to use Outlook 2013 as a "backup" client for those situations in which offline calendars and address books are required.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

p.s.: If you are running Windows 8 I strongly suggest you to have a look at Windows Mail 8 and TouchDown for Windows.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM