Synchronization stops working on android (until mobile data switched off/on)
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Synchronization stops working on android (until mobile data switched off/on)

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16

    Synchronization stops working on android (until mobile data switched off/on)

    Hello,

    Sometimes, users are reporting their devices don't get new emails in.

    Devices are very different, but always android 4.0 or later.

    The sync.log doesn't show any activity for those devices, and last lines don't show any error, the only solution is switch off/on mobile data, and the device starts syncing again (rebooting also works, obviously)

    Anyone knows if this is an android bug or maybe a network issue?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    24
    Hi,

    I only did a few tests with my Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2) with zimbra 8.0.3 and zextras mobile 1.8.5 and using WLAN. I did not have problems that syncing stopped.

    I read that it would be helpful to delete the exchange account on the mobile device, reset and delete the device entry on zextras GUI and the configure a new exchange profile on the device. Just a suggestion.


    Greetings
    Alex

  3. #3
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,360
    Hello Toni!

    In order to properly help you I'd need to know the informations listed in the "THE GOLDEN RULE" and "ZXMOBILE" sections of the "announcement" thread "IMPORTANT: How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue".

    Thus said, as Nachtfalke suggested deleting the account from the mobile and from both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices", enabling an Account Logger and creating the account again on the device would be very useful for troubleshooting. Having a clean account logger file will allow you (and us) to better identify the cause of the issue.


    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16
    Hi all,

    The problem is not reproducible so easy, i had 3 devices in this situation in the two previous months, so logging it's not an easy option. I dind't reconfigure the device, since switching off/on is a lot faster than reconfiguring the account and resyncing everyting again

    $ zxsuite core getversion

    zextras_version 1.8.5
    zextras_target 8.0.3
    zextras_commit 342e899bf387fa5838398b740778df74c3421ebc
    zextras_lib_version 1.0.0
    zextras_lib_commit 89f36f8fd5f62c88af9aad4355aa7688f96658b0

    Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (updated two weeks ago)

  5. #5
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,360
    Hello Toni!

    I know that rebooting the phone is quicker, but reconfiguring the account from scratch is suggested in this case as it completely resets the syncstate for the device starting with a fresh one... In some cases bad network coverage disrupts the syncstate coherency between the device and the server, hence if you experience this issue randomly I strongly suggest to at least remove the device from both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" lists in the ZxMobile tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet in order to reset the syncstate...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  6. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16
    Thanks, i'll try next time it happens

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •