Appointments: Outlook2007 --> Exchnage2010 --> Zimbra 8.0.3 --> zextras mobile iOS 6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appointments: Outlook2007 --> Exchnage2010 --> Zimbra 8.0.3 --> zextras mobile iOS 6

Question Appointments: Outlook2007 --> Exchnage2010 --> Zimbra 8.0.3 --> zextras mobile iOS 6

Hallo,

unfortunately I a have a complex scenario of servers an clients and some problems with syncing calendar invites with iOS and the other way around.

My company is using Exchange 2010 as their e-mail server. The clients are still running Outlook 2007. I am not responsible for these clients and servers and so I cannot change anything on that
    The users are creating calendar invites on Outlook 2007 and sending these invites to my zimbra 8.0.3 e-mail server through the internet. The iPhones with iOS 6.1.3 are connected through exchange with zextras mobile 1.8.5.

When a user creates an invite on Outlook 2007 the iPhone user gets this invite and can accept or decline it. The outlook user gets the answer as an email with a "not supported format.ics" as attachment. If the Outlook user does not open the attachment the accept or decline will not be added to the calendar. If the Outlook user opens the attachment the accpet/decline will be added. This needs just some extra clicks so it is not such a big problem. Nevertheless any ideas would be appreciated

My problem is, if the outlook user modifies an existing calendar entry and sends this to the iPhone users, the iPhone users get this change, they can accept/decline. The Outlook user gets the accept/decline as an email with attachment but only gets the message that the user accepted/declined this invite before the calendar entry was changed and unfortunately the accept/decline will not be added to the calendar of the Outlook user.

I am not sure where the "problem" is because there are so many different systems with outlook 2007, exchange 2010, zimbra and zextras mobile with EAS 2.5 so I am asking here.

Thank you for your help!
    Alex

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Alex!

I'll run some tests, ping the devs about this and report back ASAP, meanwhile I would like to know if the behaviour is the same when the zimbra user sends the meeting response through the Zimbra Web Client instead of the mobile...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Alex!

I'll run some tests, ping the devs about this and report back ASAP, meanwhile I would like to know if the behaviour is the same when the zimbra user sends the meeting response through the Zimbra Web Client instead of the mobile...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Hi Cine,

I will create a meeting invite on Outlook 2007 and respond on zimbra webclient.
    Then I will change the meeting on with outlook 2007 and again respond with zimbra web client.

Will see if this works at all, with or without .ics or does not work.

Will report back.
    Alex

---- edit ----

Hi Cine,

I did some tests and it seems to work:

Create a meeting on Outlook 2007 and respond with ACCEPT on zimbra web client
    Outlook gets an e-mail with accept (no .ics attachment, no attachment at all) and puts the accpet into the calendar.

Change the time of the above created meeting on outlook 2007 and respond again with ACCEPT on zimbra web client.
    Outlook gets an e-mail with accept (no .ics attachment, no attachment at all) and puts the accpet into the calendar.

Did the same with another meeting and chose DECLINE and it was working, too.

Hopefully this will help you.

PS: On another zextras forum thread I read something about the account logging function which can be enabled to get the log between mobile device and zimbra?

Greetings
    Alex
    Last edited by Nachtfalke; 05-22-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: some more tests

Hello Alex,
    thanks for the feedback!

The AccountLogger feature can be enabled through the ZeXtras CLI as described HERE, it would be great if you could set up an AccountLogger (debug mode) on your account, reproduce the issue and then send the logfile along with a copy of the involved .ics files to community@zextras.com...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi,

I sent you an email with the .log and both .ics files.

Greetings
    Alex

Hello Alex!

I just got a feedback from the devs, and they confirmed that both the .ics file and the mime message that carries it are RFC compliant and that after a testing session in a similar environment a cause for this issue couldn't be found within ZeXtras Mobile.
    It looks like the issue is related to Outlook 2007, we'll run some additional tests to see if it's possible to apply a server-side workaround, but I can't give neither an ETA nor any high hopes, as server-side workarounds for device issues are seldom effectively applicable...

If you could email us the .eml file for an appointment sent from and received by Outlook 2007 through the Exchange 2010 server would be of great help...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine,

thank you for your feedback. This sounds a little bit suspect to me. In an actual environment the users are using this account:
    Cortado Business Plus - Das komplette Hosted-Exchange-Paket inkl. Outlook 2010

They are sending meetings from Outllok 2007 through exchange 2010 to this hoster. And then syncing their devices. Perhaps this can help you.
    Further it is working when accepting meetings from zimbra webGUI. Is there perhaps some option on zimbra I need to change? I do not remember exactly where but there is some option called "PUBLISH" which can be set automatically for devices which set something else. Ok - this is really confuse but perhaps you know what I mean ;-)

You are asking for ".eml" files. Where can I find these files or do you mean ".msg"? From googleing it looks like .eml is outlook express and .msg is Outlook 2007.

Hi again,

couldn't you replicate noone of the two "problems"?

The first on is the problem that there comes an "unsupported formart.ics" attachment which I need to open to add the accept to the calendar.
    The second one was that it does not add the accept/decline to the calendar if the the meeting was modified.

And do you just need the .msg file or do you need the corresponding .log file?

Thank you!

--- edit ---

Hi again,

puh - I talked to my users again and they told me that they used Windows Mobile 6.x devices before the iPhones. So probably some difference between the different mobile OS.
    But they never used the Windows Mobile devices with zimbra, zextras and so on but just with cortado.de and outlook 2007/echange2010.

Will try if I can do some tests with the WM devices + zimbra and perhaps do some .logs

--- edit ---
    I sent you the .MSG files, the .ICS files and the .LOG file of another test per e-mail to community@zextras.com
    This is again from an iPhone with iOS 6.1.3.

The user told me to do some tests in the same environment with an Windows Mobile 6.x phone and give me some feedback later today or on tuesday. Hopefully he will do that ;-)
    Last edited by Nachtfalke; 05-27-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: again me

Hello Alex!

The devs are checking the data you sent, will report back ASAP!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hi Cine,

thank your for your help.

I tested with another device - now it is not iOS but it is Android 4.2.2. Because it is the exactly same environment I post it in this thread. Further I sent you an E-Mail with log files. I will just post the content of the e-mail here again so that the community can participate if needed:

##################
    Dear ladies and gentlemen,

related to the forum post above I send you another .LOG file and another .MSG file. But in this e-mail I send you log from my Google Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2.
    So it is not related to iOS6.1.3 but it is the exactly same environment only with another mobile device.

With Android I have much more problems:

The Outlook 2007 user sends a meeting invitation (attached .MSG)
    The Android 4.2.2 user gets the meeting and can accept it
    The Outlook 2007 user never gets any response on this accept
    Looking on the zimbra 8.0.3 webGUI on the same account as the Android user it shows me that the meeting was accepted. The meeting is in the calendar and the incoming meeting invitation is in the inbox and I can see that it is accepted
    In the webGUI "Sent objects" there is nothing (so I suppose no Accept E-Mail back to the Outlook 2007 user)

Hopefully this will not only help me on my problem but will help you to improve your product. I feel like a kind of "beta" tester but that's no problem if it will resolve problems ;-)

Greetings
    Alex
    ###################

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast