Deleted Messages using ActiveSync and IMAP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Deleted Messages using ActiveSync and IMAP

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46

    Deleted Messages using ActiveSync and IMAP

    Hi,

    we have Zimbra 8.0.3 and Zextras 1.8.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 in a trail version installed.
    everything works well but we have a issue with activesync and IMAP.
    Whenever I delete a messages either in iMail via IMAP or in the Zimbra web interface,
    but they will still show up on my iPhone in the inbox.

    is this a known issue?

    thanks in advance,
    velvet
    Last edited by velvet; 04-28-2013 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #2
    CTO ZeXtras Employee d0s0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    571
    Hi velvet and welcome to the forums.

    Can you see any error in the sync.log or mailbox.log files?

    Also, please provide us with an Account Logger logfile (email it to community(at)zextras.com).
    To activate an Account Logger and obtain a log file please follow this steps:
    • Delete the synchronized account from the device
    • Remove the device's entry for both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet (ZxMobile tab)
    • Add an Account Logger for the account/device couple as described at ZxMobile Troubleshooting - ZeXtras Suite Wiki
    • Create the account on the device
    • Let the device perform the first synchronization. If the synchronization process seems stuck, wait for 5-10 minutes without forcing a new synchronization.
    • Edit an appointment on the mobile and check the ZWC. If the edit has not been synchronized, send us the logfile.


    Have a nice day,
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi velvet and welcome to the forums.

    Can you see any error in the sync.log or mailbox.log files?
    no errors

    Also, please provide us with an Account Logger logfile (email it to community(at)zextras.com).
    To activate an Account Logger and obtain a log file please follow this steps:
    • Delete the synchronized account from the device
    • Remove the device's entry for both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet (ZxMobile tab)
    • Add an Account Logger for the account/device couple as described at ZxMobile Troubleshooting - ZeXtras Suite Wiki
    • Create the account on the device
    • Let the device perform the first synchronization. If the synchronization process seems stuck, wait for 5-10 minutes without forcing a new synchronization.
    • Edit an appointment on the mobile and check the ZWC. If the edit has not been synchronized, send us the logfile.
    all steps done! logfile send - subject: "imap AS issue"

    thanks a lot!
    velvet

    UPDATE: after recreate the account on my iphone, zimbra webgui is working now - mails are gone.
    only with IMAP the problem is still there.

    /velvet
    Last edited by velvet; 04-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.

  4. #4
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,365
    Hello velvet!

    When you delete a mail through IMAP is the item correctly placed in the Trash folder? Or is it deleted from the mailbox right away?

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello velvet!

    When you delete a mail through IMAP is the item correctly placed in the Trash folder? Or is it deleted from the mailbox right away?

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Hi Cine!

    when I delete a mail through IMAP the mail is correctly placed in the trash folder and gone in the inbox (mac osx mail client). in my iphone, I see the mail in both - in the trash and in the inbox.

    thanks!
    velvet

  6. #6
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,365
    Hello velvet!

    The devs confirmed that there is a small issue dealing with IMAP deletions, a fix will be included in the next ZeXtras Suite version...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello velvet!

    The devs confirmed that there is a small issue dealing with IMAP deletions, a fix will be included in the next ZeXtras Suite version...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Hi Cine!

    ok, thanks for your feedback!

    /velvet

    ps: any ETA for next version?
    Last edited by velvet; 04-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.

  8. #8
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Hi Cine!

    ok, thanks for your feedback!

    /velvet

    ps: any ETA for next version?
    ZeXtras Suite 1.8.5 will be released within the next days

    One last question in order to better understand the issue: How are IMAP-deleted emails seen from the web client? Are those emails in the /Trash folder or are such emails completely deleted from the mailbox?

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    ZeXtras Suite 1.8.5 will be released within the next days

    One last question in order to better understand the issue: How are IMAP-deleted emails seen from the web client? Are those emails in the /Trash folder or are such emails completely deleted from the mailbox?

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    mails are stored in the /trash. on both btw, in webclient and iphone.

    regards,
    velvet

  10. #10
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    mails are stored in the /trash. on both btw, in webclient and iphone.

    regards,
    velvet
    Ok, so let me get this straight...
    When you delete an email through the OSX Mail Client (IMAP), the email is moved to the /trash folder on the Zimbra Web Client but on the iPhone you can see the email both in the old folder and in /Trash?

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •