Deleted Messages using ActiveSync and IMAP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Messages using ActiveSync and IMAP

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Ok, so let me get this straight...
    When you delete an email through the OSX Mail Client (IMAP), the email is moved to the /trash folder on the Zimbra Web Client but on the iPhone you can see the email both in the old folder and in /Trash?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    sorry, I am confused!

tested again:
    I delete an email through the IMAP-Client (OSX), the mail moved to the client /trash folder. in the zimbra web gui the mail completely deleted. on iphone the mail is still in the inbox and NOT in the trash!
    yesterday (on iphone) was the mail for a few minutes in both folders (inbox and trash).

thanks,
    velvet

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    sorry, I am confused!

tested again:
    I delete an email through the IMAP-Client (OSX), the mail moved to the client /trash folder. in the zimbra web gui the mail completely deleted. on iphone the mail is still in the inbox and NOT in the trash!
    yesterday (on iphone) was the mail for a few minutes in both folders (inbox and trash).

thanks,
    velvet
    Ok, that's a different issue then... I'll pass this info on to the devs and report back ASAP...

NEWS!: The devs confirmed that it's indeed an issue with the "Deleted" IMAP flag, but unfortunately the fix won't be released in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.5 as previewed (need some more time to assess all possible cases and run some tests).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 04-30-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Hi Cine,

I Installed 1.8.6 but there is no fix for this issue. Same situation as before

greetings,
    velvet

Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Hi Cine,

I Installed 1.8.6 but there is no fix for this issue. Same situation as before

greetings,
    velvet
    Hello velvet!

Unfortunately it wasn't possible for the devs to push the fix in this release (Outlook 2013 got a hold of most of everybody's time here)...

The devs are already working on this, and to apologize I'll make sure to provide you with a custom ZeXtras Suite 1.8.6 build including the fix as soon as the devs give me the green light!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello velvet!

The ZeXtras Suite package available at http://www.zextras.com/zextras-download-for-zimbra.html has just been updated to include the fix for this issue (plus another minor change regarding the ZeXtras Mobile module). Check THIS POST for more info.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello velvet!

The ZeXtras Suite package available at http://www.zextras.com/zextras-download-for-zimbra.html has just been updated to include the fix for this issue (plus another minor change regarding the ZeXtras Mobile module). Check THIS POST for more info.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Hello Cine,

sorry for my delay! I was a few days into holiday ...
    I installed the update and I can say, it looks good - the problem seems to be fixed!
    I observable are still a few days and give you feedback!

Thanks for your help!
    velvel

Hello Cine,

we have again the same problem on 1.8.9

regards,
    velvet

Hi velvet,

I checked the code and I found a new mobile property for that feature. It was undocumented and pretty forgotten in the last changelog, so thanks for your feedback

To enable previous behaviour you only need to set a ZxMobile property by typing the following command as zimbra user:
    Code:
    zxsuite mobile setproperty ZxMobile_ImapDeletedFilterEnabled true
    The default value for that property was set to false because formally those messages are not really deleted, but only marked as deleted (But of course we need to document this feature).

Note: when you enable this property, only new imap deletions will be affected by the filter

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi velvet,

I checked the code and I found a new mobile property for that feature. It was undocumented and pretty forgotten in the last changelog, so thanks for your feedback

To enable previous behaviour you only need to set a ZxMobile property by typing the following command as zimbra user:
    Code:
    zxsuite mobile setproperty ZxMobile_ImapDeletedFilterEnabled true
    The default value for that property was set to false because formally those messages are not really deleted, but only marked as deleted (But of course we need to document this feature).

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    Hello D0s0n,

ok, I will check it and give you feedback.

Thanks for you help,
    velvet

hello D0s0n,

this setting does not help - the same problem again with IMAP client on Mac OSX!

thanks,
    velvet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast