Sync Issues Zimbra 8.0.3 with ZeXtras 1.8.3

Thread: Sync Issues Zimbra 8.0.3 with ZeXtras 1.8.3

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller

Sync Issues Zimbra 8.0.3 with ZeXtras 1.8.3

Running Zimbra 8.0.3 open source with ZeXtras 1.8.3

Client issues regardless of the phones or OS:
    Calendar invitations are missing the respond options to either Accept, Tentative, Decline, or Propose New Time. (bug opened)

Clients running Android 4.1.2 have following issues:
    Modified or new calendar tasks are not synced with the server.
    Modified calendar entries are automatically re-modified using the server version.
    New calendar entries are automatically deleted on the next sync.
    Contacts are properly sync during first (initial) sync, but during each next sync the contacts are gone from the phone and no longer synced. If I edit and re-save each contacts on the server than they will sync properly.

I tried to reset and remove the devices in ZxMobile but the problem will reoccur within 5 minutes.

General Feedback:
    Clients ability to run Outlook and have ability to sync with Zimbra is a must in corporate environment. Telling any client that they will no longer be able to use Outlook with the same sync capabilities as they use to for many years is a deal breaker. Our understanding is that Zimbra Network edition is able to deliver this. ZeXtras should explore Outlook sync options.

Thank you,
    Kosta
    Last edited by niclab; 04-01-2013 at 06:12 PM.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Kosta!

A bug in device-to-server calendar event sync for some of the latest Android versions has been found the fix will be included in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.4.
    Regarding the new calendar events and the disappearing contacts, this is not a known issue and has not been reported before. Please check the announcement thread you can find on all forums and sub-forums about the information needed to properly analyze an issue.

Also, thank you for your feedback about Outlook sync. While MAPI-driven synchronization is not one of our targets (and I see very poor chances for it to become ine), we are eagerly working to provide the best experience possible for users using Windows Mail and Microsoft Outlook 2013 as their clients synchronizing through the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. Windows Mail 8 has been tested and is fully functional, while Outlook 2013 is still undergoing extensive tests and will be supported by ZeXtras Mobile in the near future.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Kosta!

Calendar invitation is missing the respond options to either Accept, Tentative, Decline, or Propose New Time.
    I am happy to confirm that this problem is fixed in ZeXtras 1.8.4. Thanks!

A bug in device-to-server calendar event sync for some of the latest Android versions has been found the fix will be included in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.4.
    Unfortunately this one is not fixed. I still have many calendar entries not showing up in my Android 4.1.2 phone.

Regarding the new calendar events and the disappearing contacts, this is not a known issue and has not been reported before. Please check the announcement thread you can find on all forums and sub-forums about the information needed to properly analyze an issue.
    The problem still exist. I will follow the instructions and provide the log.

Also, thank you for your feedback about Outlook sync. While MAPI-driven synchronization is not one of our targets (and I see very poor chances for it to become one), we are eagerly working to provide the best experience possible for users using Windows Mail and Microsoft Outlook 2013 as their clients synchronizing through the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. Windows Mail 8 has been tested and is fully functional, while Outlook 2013 is still undergoing extensive tests and will be supported by ZeXtras Mobile in the near future.
    Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully Outlook 2013 ActiveSync support may bring some light to this issue.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thank you.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Kosta!

Quote Originally Posted by niclab View Post
    Calendar invitation is missing the respond options to either Accept, Tentative, Decline, or Propose New Time.
    I am happy to confirm that this problem is fixed in ZeXtras 1.8.4. Thanks!
    That's good news!

Unfortunately this one is not fixed. I still have many calendar entries not showing up in my Android 4.1.2 phone.
    Please try to remove the device from both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZxMobile tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet in order to force a full resync of all items.

The problem still exist. I will follow the instructions and provide the log.
    Feel free to email the log to community@zextras.com, I'll take a look at it ASAP.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Kosta!

That's good news!

Please try to remove the device from both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZxMobile tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet in order to force a full resync of all items.
    I tried that but still some calendar items are not in sync.

Feel free to email the log to community@zextras.com, I'll take a look at it ASAP.
    I will provide log soon.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Thanks you!

Hello Cine,

As of today none of the calendar events are in the sync. I reset the specific device from active session list and removed it from registered devices. I created account logger as per ZxMobile Troubleshooting - ZeXtras Suite Wiki. I will email you the log file shortly.

Thanks,

Kosta