Event changed by Android gets not synced
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fullscreen

Thread: Event changed by Android gets not synced

Event changed by Android gets not synced

Iíve installed zextras_suite-1.8.3 on the latest Zimbra (8.03) for testing purpose and im very close to buy. But there is one annoying bug.

I configured exchange on my android phone (Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.2.2) and everything works fine except the folowing:
    When I edit an event on the phone, the changes are not synced. Deleteing or creating syncs perfectly. Also changes made on the web interface are synced to phone.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello fullscreen,
    welcome to the forums!

Can you see any error in the sync.log or mailbox.log files?

Also, please provide us with an Account Logger logfile (email it to community@zextras.com).
    To activate an Account Logger and obtain a log file please follow this steps:
    - Delete the synchronized account from the device
    - Remove the device's entry for both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet (ZxMobile tab)
    - Add an Account Logger for the account/device couple as described at http://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/ZxMobil...roubleshooting
    - Create the account on the device
    - Let the device perform the first synchronization. If the synchronization process seems stuck, wait for 5-10 minutes without forcing a new synchronization.
    - Edit an appointment on the mobile and check the ZWC. If the edit has not been synchronized, send us the logfile.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Last edited by Cine; 03-29-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Hello Fullscreen!

I got your logfile and checked it: I can see that the edit is not synchronized due to a "No such BLOB" exception being thrown by Zimbra. Could you please try to edit some more items and see if the very same error appears?

Also, if ZxBackup is running, could you please send me a dump of the item that returns the error through the "getItem" ZeXtras CLI command?
    The syntax is:
    Code:
    zxsuite backup getItem user@domain.com XYZ
    where "XYZ" is the item ID of the item causing the issue.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 03-29-2013 at 03:33 PM.

I’ve retried it a few times, with the same result. I’ve sent yout the dump.

Hello fullscreen!

Thank you for the logs, we are still unable to reproduce the issue so further investigation is needed... I'll update this thread as soon as I have any new info!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Today I have upgraded to version 1.8.4 and the Problem seems to be fixed. Thank you!
    Cine and d0s0n like this.