Problem with calendar sync WP8 / 1.8.2

Thread: Problem with calendar sync WP8 / 1.8.2

Problem with calendar sync WP8 / 1.8.2

Hello,

I updated zextras 1.8.2 and now the syncing of calendar items fails with Windows Phone 8 clients. If syncing of calendar items is enabled on the mobile device, the error code 85002012 appears.
    Is it possible to switch back to zextras 1.8.1?

Regards,

Danny

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Danny,
    welcome to the forums!

From a quick web search it appears that the error you report is quite common in WP8 devices - I've seen this kind of issue myself when using a WP8 phone on a shaky 3G connection.
    I'm afraid that downgrading ZeXtras Suite won't bring any benefit as no relevant changes have been made, but I really like you to help us troubleshoot the issue in order to understand the cause.

In order to troubleshoot the issue please follow this steps:
    - Delete the affected account from the mobile device.
    - Remove the appropriate entry for the client/mailbox couple from both the "Active Sessions" and "Registered Devices" list in the ZxMobile tab of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet.
    - Add an Account Logger to the mailbox you are going to synchronize with the device as explained at ZxMobile Troubleshooting - ZeXtras Suite Wiki
    - Configure the account on the device. If the issue appears again, please send me (community@zextras.com) the Account Logger logfile so that I'll be able to check it together with the devs.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello again

I received the logs and the devs will be looking at them as soon as we are done with the release of ZeXtras Suite 1.8.3.

Meantime, a question: Are the accounts configured to use SSL for the synchronization? I just got a call from one of our partners about a customer having the very same issue as you, and disabling SSL solved it...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello again
    I received the logs and the devs will be looking at them as soon as we are done with the release of ZeXtras Suite 1.8.3.

Meantime, a question: Are the accounts configured to use SSL for the synchronization? I just got a call from one of our partners about a customer having the very same issue as you, and disabling SSL solved it...
    Hello,

yes, SSL is used for synchronization (and disabling SSL is not an option). But it worked since december 2012 without any problems (beside, that items with invitation are not synced in WP8). Problems started after installing 1.8.2 two days ago.

Since today I have another WP8 client in our domain (different account) and the same issue happens (syncing fails when calendar-sync is enabled).

I hope You can help!

Have a nice day!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by dherrlitz View Post
    Hello,

yes, SSL is used for synchronization (and disabling SSL is not an option). But it worked since december 2012 without any problems (beside, that items with invitation are not synced in WP8). Problems started after installing 1.8.2 two days ago.

Since today I have another WP8 client in our domain (different account) and the same issue happens (syncing fails when calendar-sync is enabled).

I hope You can help!

Have a nice day!

Danny
    Hello Danny!

Since your case is very similar to that reported by our partner, I must ask you to perform a test disabling SSL just to understand whether this is strictly a device issue or if ZeXtras Mobile could be the cause.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 03-15-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Friday Grammar strikes again :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Since your case is very similar to that reported by our partner, I must ask you to perform a test disabling SSL just to understand whether this is strictly a device issue or if ZeXtras Mobile could be the cause.
    Hello again,

I performed a test with SSL disabled and the issue occurs again (Error message 85002012 on the WP8 clients, but only if calendar sync is enabled).

Danny

Hello everybody!

A quick update on the issue: the devs found out the cause (a bad response to an EAS command used by ZeXtras Mobile) and a fix has been pushed to the production tree, it will be included in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.4!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello,

just for Your information:
    the issue occurs in some of our WP7-clients, too. What is the ETA of 1.8.4?

Regards,

Danny

Hello dherrlitz!

ZeXtras Suite 1.8.4 will be released within the end of next week...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello Zextras-team,

syncing calender items works again with 1.8.4 .

Nice job!

Thank You!

Danny