Wrong mails on my mobile

Thread: Wrong mails on my mobile

Senior Member Known ZeXtras Reseller

Wrong mails on my mobile

Hello,

When I sync my Android 2.2.1 phone with native mail app, i can see my emails synced with Zimbra via ZxMobile. Subjects are good. On some mails, when i click to open mail, i view another message (but with good subject) !

Any tips to fix it ?

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.
    Zimbra Collaboration Server 8.0.0 OSS on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    Zimbra Collaboration Server 7.2.0 OSS on Debian 5 & Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Sylv1!

This issue has never been reported before, can you please tell me what's the brand and model of your device? Are you using a Custom ROM or a stock one?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hi Cine,

Thanks for your response.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830), Android 2.2 (original one, not a custom Rom). Problem is very difficult to reproduce, it happens with some mails. Where can i get the logs for ZxMobile to help you to find that out ?

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

I've setted up loggin on my account, and i have again the same problem : in mails list, subject is good, when i open mail, subjects, headers and attachments are good, but the content of the email is not the good one.

I've found this in the log :

2012-10-15 19:06:29,570 [qtp162281097-17025:https://MYIP:443/Microsoft-Server-Ac...AMSUNGGTS5830] debug Sync[1626]: java.io.IOException: Unable to resolve tag: ApplicationData with codepage: 1
    at org.kxml2.wap.WbxmlSerializer.resolveTag ( WbxmlSerializer.java:206 )
    at org.kxml2.wap.WbxmlSerializer.checkPending ( WbxmlSerializer.java:215 )
    at org.kxml2.wap.WbxmlSerializer.endTag ( WbxmlSerializer.java:427 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.SyncResponse$XmlNode.serialize ( SyncResponse.java:320 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.SyncResponse$XmlNode.serialize ( SyncResponse.java:234 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.SyncResponse$XmlNode.serialize ( SyncResponse.java:207 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.SyncResponse.writeAnswer ( SyncResponse.java:480 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.SyncContext.jettyWriteAll ( SyncContext.java:123 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.ZEActiveSyncBackend.handleActiv eSyncRequest ( ZEActiveSyncBackend.java:69 )
    at com.zextras.mobile.ZEActiveSyncBackend.doPost ( ZEActiveSyncBackend.java:29 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.extension.ExtensionDispatcherServlet .service ( ExtensionDispatcherServlet.java:99 )
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:820 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle ( ServletHolder.java:565 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1361 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter ( SetHeaderFilter.java:57 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1332 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilte r ( UserAgentFilter.java:77 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter ( GzipFilter.java:218 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1332 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain ( DoSFilter.java:464 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:327 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle ( ServletHandler.java:477 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle ( ScopedHandler.java:119 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle ( SecurityHandler.java:524 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Handle ( SessionHandler.java:227 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Handle ( ContextHandler.java:1031 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope ( ServletHandler.java:406 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Scope ( SessionHandler.java:186 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Scope ( ContextHandler.java:965 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle ( ScopedHandler.java:117 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCol lection.handle ( ContextHandlerCollection.java:188 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection .handle ( HandlerCollection.java:149 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle ( HandlerWrapper.java:111 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.h andle ( RewriteHandler.java:312 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.hand le ( DebugHandler.java:77 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle ( HandlerWrapper.java:111 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handleAsync ( Server.java:389 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.ha ndleRequest ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:457 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handl e ( AsyncHttpConnection.java:74 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SslConnection.handle ( SslConnection.java:191 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.han dle ( SelectChannelEndPoint.java:606 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.r un ( SelectChannelEndPoint.java:46 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.run Job ( QueuedThreadPool.java:603 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.r un ( QueuedThreadPool.java:538 )
    at java.lang.Thread.run ( Thread.java:722 )
    Is it linked with the strange behaviour ?

Sometimes, i found ------=_Part_18809_599960545.1349771471793 and other multipart infos like that before the wrong message on my device (not present in real mail). There can be two or more messages in one bad message (with Part_XXX).

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

Hi Sylv1,

can you please forward me (to community@zextras.com as an attachment, so that I can see the full headers) a sample message that is affected by this issue? If you could forward me both the "original" message - the one with the subject being displayed - and the wrong message that is shown it would be great!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Sent .

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

Hi Sylv1,

Got the samples, checking them right now...

Meanwhile, can you please install an Exchange Active Sync client app (such as the Touchdown for Smartphones trial) and check if the issues you are experiencing appear using a different client too?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hello Cine,

After deleting/adding the account againt, the problem seems resolved. I'll check this in the future and if the problem occurs again, i'll test with other mail app.

Thanks again,

Sylvain.