Some issues with ZxMobile

Thread: Some issues with ZxMobile

Smile Some issues with ZxMobile

I just installed the ZxSuite on my Zimbra 7.1.1 and the install seems to have gone smoothly with no errors reported.

I have enabled ZxMobile in the 'default' COS, and now the situation in the ZxMobile Zimlet is that it shows ZxMobile active in 1 COS, but only in 1 account. For some reason, it picked one account and it's only active on that account.

I tried to go to other accounts, and enable ZxMobile at the User Level. I found that it is already enabled, but despite that, in the ZxMobile Zimlet it still only shows it is active on one account.

I have attempted to add this account on my iPhone, as an Exchange account. It worked, and I received around 830 emails. However, despite Contact Sync being enabled, it shows 0 contacts in the Zimlet, and no contacts are actually synchronized from the phone to Zimbra.

Is this because I am still on the 30 day trial?

Ok I just found out that I can connect to more accounts, not just one account. It still shows just '1' in the number of accounts active, but the list of active devices is accurate and shows two accounts in the list.

Now my remaining issue is Contact Sync - It shows 2 contacts for one of my accounts, which is the number of contacts on the Zimbra side, but not the correct number of contacts on my phone (more than 800). How do I get the contacts to sync properly, so that they will be backed up on the server?

Otherwise, this is a wonderful product, and I intend on purchasing it as soon as the contact sync issue is resolved. Hopefully before the trial ends.
    Last edited by skaag; 10-11-2012 at 08:40 PM.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Skaag!

I'll have the devs check the "Active Accounts" counter to see if there is any issue with the Zimlet...

About the Contact Synchronization issue, the way a device manages the synchronized contacts is entirely managed by the client used...
    The vast majority of clients, on either Android, iOS, Symbian or Windows Phone, create a dedicated "contact list" when a new account is added to your phone. Hence, contacts from other accounts will not be synchronized with your Zimbra account.

If you wish to synchronize all the contact on your phone with your Zimbra account I suggest you to check out the online resources dedicated to your device/os (websites, forums, mailing lists, etcetera) to see if there is a way to merge all your contacts in an Exchange Active Sync account.

Make sure you always have a backup of your data before trying this kind of operations

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hi Skaag,

regarding the "Active Accounts" issue, do you mean the "Account Enabled" number or the number of lines in the "Active sessions list" table?

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Please disregard the last post, I read the whole thread again and now it all makes sense

The "Account Enabled" number is the number of explicitly enabled accounts (as in Account -> ZeXtras -> Enable synchronization for this accoun). Accounts which inherit this setting from the COS are not shown here...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Cool

I see, that explains it then!
    What confused me was that when I click the zXtras tab for accounts, they all have the Mobile feature enabled.
    However if I uncheck it, and check it again, it considers the value as non COS-default and the counter goes up by one.
    Last edited by skaag; 11-02-2012 at 03:07 AM.