problem testing zxmobile on galaxy S froyo 2.2

Thread: problem testing zxmobile on galaxy S froyo 2.2

problem testing zxmobile on galaxy S froyo 2.2

Hi,

i'm currently testing Zextras on a zimbra ZCS 7.1.4 server. We have an LDAP server, an MTA, and of course, a "MailBoxServer" on which we have installed Zextras.
    The testing network does not have access to the internet.
    But this testing network is a clone of the target network on which there are the production servers.
    The servers have been copied (we use bare KVM hypervisors currently) from production to testing network.

So, the problem is : i have followed the install procedure, initialized zxbackup, tested, OK.

I plugged a wifi (linksys wrt54gl) AP to an ethernet port of the hypervisor, put the eth port to the bridge (we use bridge as a virtual switch) of zimbra testing network.

So, it basically works, and a Galaxy S (1st gen) have access through the android browser to https://zimbra.our-organization.fr

BUT the "e-mail" app does not find its way to server ("Impossible de se connecter au serveur." in french, so i believe "unable to connect to server" in english).

BUT, my motorola (which is cyanogenmod4milestone) works through "e-mail" app (had a problem with viewing e-mail but i think it's because i've set to "never sync", however browsing directories works, and the exchange setup is cleared easily and fast).

We have several domain names, and i'm testing with an account which is of a secondary domain.

An idea ?

The workers will principally have Galaxy S 1st gen, or iphone 4/4S.

parameters:
    Domaine : nom d'utilisateur "otherdomain.eu.com\testuser"
    Mot de passe "the password"
    Serveur Exchange "zimbra.our-organization.fr"

i just seen that device is in 01/01/2005 instead of 2012... is it ok ?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello piing,
    welcome to the forums!

Easy things first: The date really important for the mobile syncronization to work, if you leave your devices on 1/1/2005 chances are that after finding and fixing the issue in your test environment you won't be able to sync any data (unless you configure it to synchronize all the data in the mailbox, but many clients lack this option).

Regarding the Galaxy S issue, I'd first try to enter Zimbra's mobile interface through the device's browser to make sure that the address is correctly resolved. If this test succeeds, you should have a look at the /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log file to see if the Galaxy S manages to at least start the sync, and if so what kind of error is encountered.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hey, thanks for your answer.

Well, did update the phone with Samsung Kies, and the exchange connection bug went away.
    As for e-mails missing from directories, it was a networking design problem with the "mock-up" i tried with. This works in production. We just have now to buy licences Zxbackup also is great.

Side question : (I practiced a little in the past with exchange/iphone) why it doesnt ask about "wipe" (contacts and calendars) on the galaxy (and are some other android phones "affected"), and will it still needs a wipe on iphone ? and why ? I believe it's exchange protocol right ? Well, to sum up, what's the current state with wipes, and exchange, and is there something to know with zextras. Is there issue with the famous primary calendar of iphone (i remember problems also when trying syncml) ?
    Thanks

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Helo Piing,
    glad everything works now!

Regarding the wipe, it is more of a client choice to perform a wipe before resynchronizing/reconfiguring an account. Some clients, like the iOS one, require a wipe while others, like the vast majority of Android clients, don't...

Regarding the "iPhone primary calendar" issue: unfortunately I don't know what you are talking about, but being SyncML a whole different protocol I really doubt that the Exchange Active Sync protocol, and consequently ZeXtras Suite, suffer of the same bugs. If you provide me with a link and/or additional informations about this issue I'll be more than glad to check!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery