Calendar sync question

Thread: Calendar sync question

Calendar sync question

Does the zxmobile calendar sync only sync events 2 weeks out? I am experiencing issues when I enter an event in Zimbra that is two weeks + 1 day out from the current day it will not display on my mobile device. I can add events on my device that are past two weeks, the calendar entry will display on my device for a brief second or two, then it dissapears on the device, but it does show up on my Zimbra calendar. Is this behavior expected? Is there a way to change this?

Hi Leep and welcome to the forums.

The 2 weeks limitation is normal on most of activesync clients, as documented on our wiki, you only need to adjust sync preferences of your device.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Thanks, I just finished reading that in the wiki......I guess I should have started there first. I also just tried to find the sync preferences on my device, but was unsuccessful. I'll keep digging.

If you need more help, please specify your device details and os version.

D0s0n

Droid Bionic

Android Version = 2.3.4 (no ICS yet for Bionic---supposed to be soon)

Maybe this can be useful!

D0s0n

Nope, I found that as well. It only discusses the email portion of the sync, not calendar.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Leep75!

As far as I know in the Droid Bionic the sync preference you need to edit is shared between emails, calendars and tasks so editing the "Sync Messages For..." option - as described in the guide linked by D0s_0n - will apply the setting to all three kinds of item.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

I don't think so as currently I have it set for 3 days, but I'm seeing the calendar events for up to two weeks in advance. I'm not as concerned with my phone as with my administrators (we're a public school). Do you know anything about the Droid 4? Those are running ICS, but not exactly sure on the version numbers as I don't have one in front of me to work with. I'm experiencing the same issue on those phones and they are concerned about possible double booking an appointment from their phone that they may not see. I have verified that it is possible to add an event on your calendar (from the mobile device) at the same time that an event is scheduled on your zimbra calendar and you get no warning that you are "doubling up" on events.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello leep75,

in order to be sure the synchronization window of your device you need to check the /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log file and look for a line similar to:

"Ping: Getting items older(or newer) than X days for type: Y on folder: /foldername"

where
    X is the number of days being synchronized - total, so 31 days means 15 days before and 15 days after the current date
    Y is a code for the type of item being synchronized - 5 is emails, 11 is Calendar

Other than this, I suggest you to try using a different Exchange Active Sync client as it looks like your phone's stock one is poorly customizable and doesn't fit your needs. I personally use Touchdown for Android (30-days free trial ~10EUR purchase) but other options, both free and paid, are available in the Play Store.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery