Windows 8 / Outlook 2013
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Windows 8 / Outlook 2013

Windows 8 / Outlook 2013

Hi,
    I hope you can help me! I am currently checking out Windows 8 mail app and outlook 2013, both of these clients now support activesync, but I can't get either to work. I am a zextras customer, and I am happy to tweak settings! Any pointers most welcome!

Michael

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Are you talking about the Outlook 2013 preview/beta?
    We performed some test but that version doesn't work with any activesync server except Exchange.
    We are waiting newer version to perform new test.
    Have a nice day.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

Just a heads up that Outlook 2013 will work with activesync version 14 or better. Its currently only being tested to work with hotmails activesync, but ive been reading that its a possibility that it might be able to connect to Gmails version (which is 12 right now) in the future. So if a third party can do it, why cant we?

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    I heard about it, is a very interesting opportunity for every outlook user.
    Next version of ZeXtras Suite will be EAS12 compliant but we are already working on a future 14.1 version.
    We are waiting the stable version of office 2013 to perform proper test because the available beta isn't very stable and complete.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, we love it !

Bests.

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Just done with a nice batch of testing... Windows Mail 8 is 100% ZxMobile Compatible! This means that all Windows Mail 8 users will be able to flawlessly sync all of their Zimbra Emails, Calendars and Address Books.

Enjoy!
    d0s0n likes this.

Works brilliantly with Windows 8, any ETA on Outlook 2013? Got the full version now 60 day trials are available on MS.

I'd also love to see this feature work in Outlook 2013!

Hi
    Is there any news on Outlook 2013 functionality. We have a number of small businesses ready to dump Exchange for Zimbra and Zextras. One of the companies I partner with are looking to become a reseller once this feature is ready!

Also as an aside is there any plan to produce a roadmap so we can see the future plans?

Senior Member Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Will EAS14.1 allow the syncing of tasks to Outlook 2013 as-well ? If able to sync to O2013 then it really does open up a lot of possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by INNOVOT View Post
    Will EAS14.1 allow the syncing of tasks to Outlook 2013 as-well ? If able to sync to O2013 then it really does open up a lot of possibilities!
    As far as I am aware task syncing is already supported in EAS from version 2.5 onwards... So should be available in O2013. I certainly use the current version of Zextras and an Android phone and have my tasks sync'd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM