iPhone unable to connect

Thread: iPhone unable to connect

Active Member Participant

iPhone unable to connect

I have a fresh install of zimbra 7.2 and zextras 1.2.11. I have made sure that my account is allowed to sync with zextras mobile.

When trying to set up a new exchange account on my iPhone (iPhone 4 latest IOS) I get an "unable to verify account information" error no matter what I do.

Ideas on things to check? Logs I can send you to help?

Justin

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Justin!

In order to help us track the issue, please follow this steps:

- Delete the account from the device
    - In the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet, delete any entry related to the phone/account from the "Registered Devices" and "Active Sessions" list in the ZxMobile tab
    - Configure an Account Logger for the account as explained at ZxMobile Troubleshooting - ZeXtras Suite Wiki
    - Configure the account on your mobile device and let the first synchronization run. If eny errors are displayed, try again a couple of times (the more data we gather, the more chances we have to see the error)
    - Send me via email (community@zextras.com) the proper logfile for the account logger .If the size is too large, try compressing it with lzma to shrink the size to the 10% of the original file.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Thanks for the help Cine. I created the log and tailed it while trying to add the account back on to my phone. it appears as if the connection is never made from my phone since the log does not have any activity in it while my phone is trying to connect.
    I can log in to my webmail just fine, so I know the port forwarding is working correctly.
    Other thoughts / suggestions?
    I am ONLY allowing https traffic right now, is that a problem?

Cine, I actually have an update for you again. At the moment, it appears to have been an IOS 5.1 vs IOS 5.1.1 issue. My iPad wasn't having any problems, and I checked the software to find it was more up to date. I have updated my iPhone and it is not having the problem any more.

I will update in a few days if all is well, or immediately if I have problems again.

Hello Justin,

please keep us up to date, I'll try to run some tests myself on those versions of iOS and see what happens...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Cine

So far after running that update everything is working perfectly. I will let you know if anything changes.

By the way, I know this is not the proper place to ask, but I am curious if you have any thoughts on ETA for syncing shared calendars? I am having to not use zextras on my wife's phone now because we share a few calendars.

Justin

Hello Justin,

I can give no exact ETA on the "Remote Operations" (which include syncing shared Calendars, Mail folders and Address Books), but I can tell you that the code is ready and built.

The amount of tests needed is HUGE, though

Have a nice day,
    Cine