ZxMobile and Provisioning

Thread: ZxMobile and Provisioning

Junior Member ZeXtras Reseller

ZxMobile and Provisioning

In user Preferences under Mobile Devices is option Wipe All Data from Device but is greyed out. How to enable this option?

Thanks,
    Marko

Hi m-sistem and welcome to the forums.

The provisioning feature of active sync protocol is under development now, it will be available soon.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi,

I searched the forum and found two threads about ZeXtras mobile and the provisioning feature. Since this and the other thread are some months old I want to ask:
    - when the provisioning feature will be probably available. One post told within version 1.4.x - another told on 2.x
    - what provisioning features will be probably supported (first time and later)
    - if I buy a ZeXtras mobile license for v1.8.7 on a yearly basis - will I have the possibility to update to version 2.x with this license?

Thank you! :-)

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtfalke View Post
    Hi,
    Hello Nachtfalke!

I searched the forum and found two threads about ZeXtras mobile and the provisioning feature. Since this and the other thread are some months old I want to ask:
    - when the provisioning feature will be probably available. One post told within version 1.4.x - another told on 2.x
    Nothing is set into stone yet as we're still in an heavy test phase, but provisioning features will be probably added in either ZeXtras Suite 1.8.9 or ZeXtras Suite 1.8.10, since most provisioning features are part of version 12/14 of the EAS protocol.

- what provisioning features will be probably supported (first time and later)
    The ability to set a dedicated password for mobile devices will be available in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.8, while the provisioning features available will be:
    "Remote Wipe"
    "Device Lock"
    "Device Settings" (force encryption, enable/disable features like WiFi and Camera or removable storage)
    "Security Settings" (PIN code policies, similar to those Zimbra uses for passwords)
    "Device Applications" (allow/block applications of your choice)

- if I buy a ZeXtras mobile license for v1.8.7 on a yearly basis - will I have the possibility to update to version 2.x with this license?
    Sure, all software updates are free!

Thank you! :-)
    You're welcome!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery