some calendar entries are not beeing synced to the phone

Thread: some calendar entries are not beeing synced to the phone

some calendar entries are not beeing synced to the phone

Hello and good evening from Karlsruhe,

iīve some problems with calendar entries not syncing from zimbra to my phone. Not all but only some and i actually dontīt know which and why.

I have a HTC Desire Z with Android 2.3.3 HTC Stock ROM, Zimbra Community Edition Zimbra 7.2.0_GA_2669 (Generierung 20120410002303) and ZeXtras 1.2.9.

Can you tell me how to fix calendar synchronisation?

KR JoeKar

Hi JoeKar ...and goodnight, I'm going to sleep...

Every device have a particular sync settings for calendar, I don't remember now what are the HTC Desire ones but I guess it could have 1 month window, so all event before and after 1 month aren't visible on phone. (1 month or 2 weeks).

if you instead are having other problems, I need to view the sync.log file in debug mode, this link can help you.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hello D0s0n,

thanks for reply.
    Actually i have an event wich is on June 22 -24 which doesnīt get synced. So itīs not the month only getting synced.
    So i have the debug now, were can i upload it for you?

KR Johannes

You can send us an e-mail to community(at)ZeXtras.com.

D0s0n

Hi JoeKar,
    as I said 2 days ago, any device can have different sync option (1 month or 2 weeks), in your case the time span is 2 weeks:

Code:
    2012-05-31 08:18:22,329 [ZxMobile Handler Thread] info Sync: Sync on folder path: /Calendar
    2012-05-31 08:18:22,329 [ZxMobile Handler Thread] debug Sync: Looping on collection, zimbraType: 11
    2012-05-31 08:18:22,329 [ZxMobile Handler Thread] info Sync: Getting items older(or newer) than 14 days for type: 11 on folder: /Calendar
    So all event out of this time span will be soft deleted on device view.

We are evaluating to permit a server side override of this option, but for now isn't possible.

D0s0n

Dear D0s0n,

thanks for replying.

Actually i had an interval of three month before. But forgot to change it when deleting and reconfiguring it again for the test.

But as there were events on June 18, 20, 21 and 25 that are synchronised I was confused about that.
    As i realise now, that are recurring events. Strange that these are synchronized.

You are perfectly right, when setting the interval to "all", everything is fine.

Sorry to bother you. ;-)

KR Johannes