Gmail's security settings are more secure than those set by your IT admin

Thread: Gmail's security settings are more secure than those set by your IT admin

Junior Member ZeXtras Reseller

Exclamation Gmail's security settings are more secure than those set by your IT admin

Bug or feature ?

After updating GMail on my Android 9 phone to version 2019.10.20.278647676, I go the the ugly message in the title, suggesting to remove the account (an "Exchange" account) and contact your system administrator (me ! :-(

I verified that our Zimbra server has an "A" in the SSL tests from https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ , and searched the Internet and found many disappointed people with the same problem affecting Outlook-365 accounts (see https://support.google.com/mail/thread/19298229?hl=en ). All this activity is quite recent (november 2019).

I turned off support for TLSv1 and TLSv1.1, but to no avail. I could not find any documentation from Google about this.

So far the only workaround is to go back to the previous GMail version.

As a Zimbra admin in charge of a few thousands accounts this is a headache in the making, that can turn to nightmare very quickly. If any of you guys find a server-side solution I will be very grateful

Hello cvidal,

The issue you report is caused by a bug in the latest GMail client release (according to our records the affected build is the one of November 5th but a few still show September 25th).

This update has been rolled out only on some devices/brands at the moment, and usually uninstalling the Gmail app updates from the Play Store app after disabling automatic updates will allow the clients to be used.

On top of this, some brands seem to be rolling back the update, but we are still waiting for an official fix by Google.

I'll be glad to answer any further question.
    Have a nice day,
    Matt
    the Zextras Team