Cannot connect Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to Zimbra 8.7 using ActiveSync
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By themetman

Thread: Cannot connect Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to Zimbra 8.7 using ActiveSync

Cannot connect Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to Zimbra 8.7 using ActiveSync

I have just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 because my old Nexus 7 with LineageOS on it died.... I have LineageOS 15.1 on the Galaxy Tab which refuses to connect to my ZCS community edition 8.7 and Zextras version 2.6.5
    I am using the EAS Version 2.5 for Samsung, but have tried all the other options to no avail
    My HTC MX8 dual Sim is also running LineageOS but version 14.1 connects fine using ActiveSync.
    I cannot get the Galaxy to connect. I can connect to ZCS using IMAP no problem, but this will not sync the contacts and Calendar.
    I have tried several Apps on the Tab, and none will connect.
    I suspect it is the Samsung Thing again?
    Would it be worth going back to LineageOS 14.1 on the Galaxy, or is there a work around of some sort.
    I have not asked on the XDA Forum yet, thought I would start with you folk.

Zextras employee Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Participant

Hi themetman

Quote Originally Posted by themetman View Post
    I have LineageOS 15.1 on the Galaxy Tab which refuses to connect to my ZCS community edition 8.7 and Zextras version 2.6.5
    Sorry, but LineageOS is not included on our suite's test, and I don't know how they implement ActiveSync protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by themetman View Post
    I suspect it is the Samsung Thing again?
    Yes, we know there are known bug with some Samsung devices.
    If you want, you could open a ticket into our support portal, following the instructions reported in the How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue article.

ActiveSync issues are covered by section 3.7.
    Before taking the account logger, remember to completely remove the account from the device and from the server, since the AES version is defined only during the first handshake.

Have a nice day,
    Luca, the ZeXtras team.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

I enabled the debugging, but with the tablet not even connecting there was no output.
    It would appear that LineageOS 15 does not have Exchange Support!!!!
    Following more research on trying to locate an Exchange APK which worked, I found out how to solve the problem which may help someone else.
    From my entry in the XDA Forum
    I think I have found the answer. here is a discussion from 2016 here which suggests some sort of argument between Microsoft and Google.
    I tried the Exchange APK from the above link, but it does not work. It does show up, but will not connect.
    I have also tried 4 or 5 different Exchange Clients, all fail.
    Then from the above link, I tried 'Nine' Email Client, and bingo!, I now have my Email, Calendar and Contacts all synced. Hooray! It is not free, but worth it I say.
    Last edited by themetman; 06-24-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    d0s0n and larcara like this.