Need to change exchange port 443 for zimbra mobile suite

Thread: Need to change exchange port 443 for zimbra mobile suite

Need to change exchange port 443 for zimbra mobile suite

Hi,

We have planned to restrict our zimbra mail publicly by blocking the port 443.

But if we block 443 port, then zimbra mobile suite will not work publicly since active sync protocol listens on the port 443.

So we need to change the port 443 to some other port. Please let us know the possibility.

---
    Regards,
    Ranjith

Why do you need to block port 443? You're only making life more difficult for yourself and it serves no useful purpose as far as I can see.
    Regards

Bill

Hi,

I need to block public access for my zimbra mail server. so that only im blocking 443

I understand what you're asking and I also understood it on the ZCS forums but my question was why do you want to block port 443 - what additional security do you think that will actually give you? How do you expect activesync devices to work if that port is blocked?
    Regards

Bill

Hi,

Actually we are planning to implement sso login to our zimbra server. so we are blocking public access and providing private access to the server.

So that we are planning to block 443 and will provide public access to the zimbra server via proxy server.

By blocking 443 publicly making us not to use zimbra mobile. For that we need alternate solution.