Autodiscovery Redirect Loop
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Autodiscovery Redirect Loop

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3

    Question Autodiscovery Redirect Loop

    Hello all.

    I am facing a very strange problem: After following the instructions in the wiki to enable ActiveSync Autodetection everything seems fine from a "infrastructure perspective". But when actually using it the phone seems to autodetect everything just fine and then locks up for a couple of seconds. After that it lets me know that there has been a problem and I should retry (to no avail of course). When I try to connect to https://server.example.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml using curl I recieve a 302 redirect to https://server.example.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml. Well that explains the "problem" the phone had.

    If I log onto the mail server's shell and try to connect to http://server.example.com:8080/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml (thus bypassing the nginx proxy and directly conversing with jetty) I also recieve a 302 to http://server.example.com:8080/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

    What could be the problem here? I don't see any log entries pointing me in a correct direction. I also didn't find anyone else reporting this type of problem.

    I am running ZCS 8.7.11 and ZExtras 2.4.11.

    Cheers and thanks

    Sebastian

  2. #2
    Zextras employee ZeXtras Reseller
    Participant

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    30
    Hi Sebastian
    and welcome to our forums.

    It's the normal behaviour... Active Sync Autodiscover is designed to respond to a POST. See this Microsoft KB for other details.

    If you want test Autodiscovery using CURL, you could try with

    Code:
    curl -vL -u:user@example.com -X POST https://server.example.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml
    Have a nice day,
    Luca
    th Zextras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

    ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

    ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by larcara View Post

    It's the normal behaviour... Active Sync Autodiscover is designed to respond to a POST. See this Microsoft KB for other details.
    Ha. Ok. Classic pebkac...
    Now I am getting somewhere. But the autodiscovery actually returns the backend URL (http://server.example.com:8080/...) instead of https://server.example.com/...

    I probably need to adjust some proxy filter somewhere. Any pointers?

    Cheers and thanks.

    Sebastian

  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3
    Hello.

    Nevermind my message above. I finally got around to looking at the problem. The solution is rather simple (and obvious in hindsight):
    One only has set the zimbraPublicServiceHostname, zimbraPublicServicePort and zimbraPublicServiceProtocol and everything works just fine. These values probably were unset for our system since it was only ever updated over the years and didn't have zimbra-proxy active in the beginning.

    Cheers and thanks for the help.

    Sebastian

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •