Troubles sending as alias from Outlook2016

Thread: Troubles sending as alias from Outlook2016

Troubles sending as alias from Outlook2016

Hi Forum
    Just set up a Zimbra server with Zextras Mobile.
    On one account I have 4 aliases - which I would like to be able to send mail as from outlook.
    In the zimlet desktop and allso from web is this possible - but I cannot see the oiption from Outlook.

Is there anything I'm missing here ? which should be configured from Outlook/Zextras Mobile for this option --> Send as are available

THnaks in advance

Hi webmeup and welcome to our forums!

As far as I know, Outlook 2016/2013 with the ActiveSync protocol (through Zextra mobile) doesn't support multiple persona (or alias management) feature... you can only configure one of your address (even an alias) for every EAS account because zextras mobile module supports all zimbra mail addresses of your account.

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi d0s0n
    Thanks for the reply

So this is not possible in Zextras mobile plugin ( yet)
    Then I need to make it the other way around with POP3 for getting all different mails into the same inbox - and at the same time be able to make it able to --> Send as

But thank you very much for the answer.

I've used the ZimbraMigration tool for importing the PST file from the old.
    The view is like this.
    Am I login through web browser or zimlet Desktop --> I can see all subfolders and email inside those subfolders.
    But with active sync - I can only see the folders not the email ( and set to get all past emails )
    but I can only see them within the webbrowser / desktop Zimlet - Not in Outlook .
    Is this normally allso a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by webmeup View Post
    So this is not possible in Zextras mobile plugin ( yet)
    ..but not for a zextras limitation, it dues to a MS Outlook lack of implementation...

Then I need to make it the other way around with POP3 for getting all different mails into the same inbox - and at the same time be able to make it able to --> Send as
    I suggest to use the webclient to have the best features support and I need to remember that pop protocol is the worst way to manage you email, specially for backup...

I've used the ZimbraMigration tool for importing the PST file from the old.
    The view is like this.
    Am I login through web browser or zimlet Desktop --> I can see all subfolders and email inside those subfolders.
    But with active sync - I can only see the folders not the email ( and set to get all past emails )
    but I can only see them within the webbrowser / desktop Zimlet - Not in Outlook .
    Is this normally allso a problem!
    This is not a normal behaviour but often Outlook needs a lot of time to synchronize all your mails, so you should check your sync.log file on zimbra server (https://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/How_to...issue#ZxMobile)

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators