Bluemail Support

Thread: Bluemail Support

Bluemail Support

I recently installed BlueMail on my Android and found that it doesn't work with ZxMobile. How can I assist in getting support for this app? The CEO would like some features that I have found to be present in BlueMail and not in the native Android App. IMAP isn't an option because I have it turned off for security reasons. It was mentioned in a thread from 2015 regarding CloudMagic which gained support in 2.0. https://forums.zextras.com/zxmobile/...droid-app.html

When I try to connect, I get a "Cannot connect to server (3014)." Nothing shows up in sync.log or audit.log. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Stephen

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Stephen!

BlueMail and CloudMagic are not part of our usual testing cycle, but I'll be more than glad to assist you: the first troubleshooting step would be to add a debug-level Account Logger to your mailbox, try setting up BlueMail and check the logger's logfile for more information...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Cine,

I created a debug level logger on the mailbox and it showed no activity at all when Blue Mail was trying to connect. I ran a TCP dump and it shows the TLS handshake and then one packet from the client to server and one from the server back to the client and then it is silent. What else should I try? The standard android app works and I verified both are contacting port 443.

Stephen

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Stephen!

When nothing at all appears in the Account Logger file it usually means that the client is either refusing the server's response or unable to proceed establishing the Exchange ActiveSync connection: this, plus the fact that the Blue Mail app is not the actual client handling the synchronizaton, are getting me short of ideas.
    I'd check if the IP connecting to the server is your phone's one and if so you could try debugging on the phone's side checking the system logs using a dedicated app (usually those require root privileges) or the 'adb' tool in the Android SDK. If the connection actually comes from Blue Mail's infrastructure, I'm afraid that your best bet is to contact their support...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Cine,

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just sit on this until we get my eas filter problem resolved in the other thread. Maybe once I get to EAS 14.5 BlueMail will work.

Stephen

Bluemail still doesn't work. I'm just calling it quits for now. I don't need it that much and I'm too busy to mess with it anymore right now.

Thanks

Hi Stephen! We have a beta version of BlueMail that includes a major improvement for EAS. If you'd like to try it out, feel free to contact us at support@bluemail.me