OWA, MS Exchange Sync & 3CX

Thread: OWA, MS Exchange Sync & 3CX

bnc

OWA, MS Exchange Sync & 3CX

We are planning to implement the 3CX VOIP PBX system in our company, and it allow for the integration of MS Exchange in order to sync the contact databases. Below is a link to the instructions, where they request the FQDN of the Exchange OWA.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/exchange-lda...#h.8zz4zl3zmol

We haven't had a chance to test this yet, as our services are not yet setup. Any thoughts on whether this will work, and what URL we may use for the OWA URL?

bnc
    PS. This would be sooo very cool if I can sync my Zimbra contact database with our office's phone system.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello bnc!

The link you provided mentions a fully fledged Microsoft Exchange or Office365 server which include OWA (a.k.a Outlook Web App, formerly Outlook Web Access) - not a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync service like the one provided by ZeXtras Mobile - so I'm positive that kind of Exchange integration won't work over Zimbra/ZxMobile...

Furthermore I also strongly advice against going the LDAP rule for the inherent security issues it might bring, so unless the PBX supports CardDav sync/import i'm not sure you'll be able to sync your PBX' contacts with Zimbra. However, I'm far from a pbx expert so if anyone has any suggestion feel free to contribute

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery