Autodiscover XML Format broken?
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joerg.herzinger

Thread: Autodiscover XML Format broken?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2

    Autodiscover XML Format broken?

    Hi,

    We (bytesource.net) just recently updated Zimbra with Zetras and started using the ActiveSync feature which works fine on Android. But then I try to connect my Gnome online accounts to Zimbra it fails because of an autodiscovery bug/glitch. The error I get in Gnome is "Failed to find 'Account' element", and the console output luckily gives a hint:

    Code:
    (gnome-control-center.real:8003): GoaBackend-DEBUG: Working around libsoup bug with redirect
    (gnome-control-center.real:8003): GoaBackend-DEBUG: The response headers
    (gnome-control-center.real:8003): GoaBackend-DEBUG: ===================
    (gnome-control-center.real:8003): GoaBackend-DEBUG: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='no' ?>
    <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
      <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/mobilesync/responseschema/2006">
        <User>
          <DisplayName>Jrg Herzinger</DisplayName>
          <EMailAddress>my.email@dmain</EMailAddress>
        </User>
        <Action>
          <Settings>
            <Server>
              <Type>MobileSync</Type>
              <Url>https://our.zimbra.domain:8443/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync</Url>
              <Name>https://our.zimbra.domain:8443/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync</Name>
            </Server>
          </Settings>
        </Action>
      </Response>
    </Autodiscover>
    Now looking at some Micro$oft docs I found that they use <Account> rather than <User> in the response. Could you maybe bring some light into that?

  2. #2
    CTO ZeXtras Employee d0s0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    570
    Hi joerg and welcome to our forums!

    I can confirm Autodiscover have to use the <User> tag with ExchangeActiveSync protocol, while the <Account> tag is used for IMAP/POP protocols, but I never tried any Gnome Autodiscover implementation before (do it come from Evolution?)

    In order to give you more help I need to know some other details:
    • Zimbra Version
    • Zextras Version
    • Have you applied the zextras' customizations on jetty for Autodiscover
    • Have you tried another Autodiscover implementation? (i.e. with an IOS device?)


    I noticed also a wrong tcp port (8443), it seems you have a zimbra-proxy enviroment with a wrong zimbraPublicServicePort setting...

    Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2
    Hi,

    Thanks for the fast reply. It turns out, that the GNOME Exchange sync is, although documented otherwise, not shipped with ActiveSync fr Patent reasons. As you said the <User> tag is used in ActiveSync, while Exchange needs an <Account> tag. Thanks for the help, but this definitely is not a Problem on the Zextras side.
    d0s0n likes this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •