Outlook items do not sync with zimbra webmail

Thread: Outlook items do not sync with zimbra webmail

Question Outlook items do not sync with zimbra webmail

Hello,
    Not sure what I am doing wrong but on a few accounts we have the changes made in outlook do not reflect in zimbra webmail. For instance if one of these users reads a message the message is still shown as unread in zimbra, or if a message is moved to a different folder it is not being moved. Also deleted emails are not being removed from the server as well. I've looked at several accounts to see if there were any differences in the outlook setup or the user account but can find none. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by scristopher; 12-22-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Same Problem

I have this same problem. Outlook 2013 via (Outlook.com/ActiveSync/EAS). Problem is, like you said, what happens in Outlook isn't updated in Zimbra. On an account a couple weeks ago, we had to create a new profile in Outlook and when we did that lost all the changes done in Outlook that didn't update/sync with Zimbra.

Only Coorelation I have found right now: Both users are laptops, both have a mobile device attached (1 EAS, 1 IMAP).

Also, Outlook will bring down the messages, but what happens in Outlook doesn't show in Zimbra. What happens in Zimbra is reflected almost immediately in Outlook.

anyone else?
    Last edited by Amstuttz; 12-23-2015 at 01:15 PM.

What concerning on this issue, is that if a user doesn't look at Zimbra, they would have no idea there is a problem..so they could go weeks/months and Zimbra is not being updated.

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Hi.
    Please take a look on this similar post :
    https://forums.zextras.com/zxmobile/...s-outlook.html

" it seems that the client, when switching from "Offline" to "Online" does not send the appropriate EAS commands to replicate the local changes on the server.
    This will be further investigated after ZeXtras Suite 2.2.0 is released in order analyze the client's behaviour and to find out whether it's possible to apply a server-side workaround."

Bests
    Zeus
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

does the client switch automatically from "Offline" to "Online"...my clients do not know how to do this. obviously, outlook is going to disconnect from the server, weather its a network problem, desktop/laptop problem, etc, etc.