Multiple calendars with ZeXtras mobile?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TosH

Thread: Multiple calendars with ZeXtras mobile?

Multiple calendars with ZeXtras mobile?

Hi,

I have two Zimbra accounts I want to use on my Android smartphone. Both accounts mave multiple calendars in use. Is it possible to sync all those calendars into my Android calendar application?

Thanks
    tabbi

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Tabbi, and welcome to the forums!

You can configure both accounts on your device, but unfortunately the Android Calendar application only synchronizes the main calendar...
    We are currently trying to find a workaround for this, but being a limit imposed by the operating system I can't give any ETA on a solution...

Best regards,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

As this is one of the most important features I need with ZxMobile, I am very interested in such a feature.
    You could create an option for creating alias-accounts. For my mail account me@example.com you could use another username like me:calender2@example.com or something more strange to do the sync.

I this state I wonīt buy ZxMobile as it isnīt a full solution to my calender sync problem :-(

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tabbi View Post
    As this is one of the most important features I need with ZxMobile, I am very interested in such a feature.
    You could create an option for creating alias-accounts. For my mail account me@example.com you could use another username like me:calender2@example.com or something more strange to do the sync.

I this state I wonīt buy ZxMobile as it isnīt a full solution to my calender sync problem :-(
    Hello Tabby,

unfortunately it's an Android limit to only sync the main calendar, so finding a workaround to it is not very easy..

I hope I can give you good news about this soon

Regards,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Okay, I first thought it was an ActiveSync limit. For me it is important to have a number of about five calenders. One workaround would be to created distinct Zimbra accounts for every calender. But this would increase the number of accounts and therefor increase the cost for the ZxMobile module ...

Actually i think this is one of the main missing features for calendar synchronistation!

If ZEXTRAS could solve it, you would be the only one on the market!

I definetly would love to see this feature! The sooner, te better!

Before I changed to zextras, I used zimbra ose with z-push on the server and touchdown on android. With this setting I was be able to sync multiple/shared calendars (also tasks, contracts and emails). So in other words, z-push can sync multiple calendars with the ms-active-sync protocol... but only with touchdown an not with android itself.

Zextras mobile ist at this time for me unusable, bc. I - we also other users - need the shared calendars. My current solution is the usage of caldav-sync, an app from the android store for very small payment - compared with zextras... So I can sync multiple calendars very easy with android (not touchdown!). Actually bc. of the possibilites above there is no need to pay for zextras mobile.

On the other hand, I payed for the zextras suite, bc. the integration of backups and mobile sync in zimbra ose seemed to be the best concept and I will support this great idea! Z-push looks like a hack, otherwise caldav-sync needs only an app on the client. Finally I believe the goal for a multiple calendars sync with zextras could be the usage of caldav sync.

Kind regards
    TosH
    d0s0n likes this.