ZeXtras 2 not synchronising with ZCS 8.6 server. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZeXtras 2 not synchronising with ZCS 8.6 server.

Hi Cine

I could have sworn I've tested an on-the-fly changing of EAS versions without problems. Oh well, I'll give it another try by removing the account etc. and get some logs for you tomorrow, if that's OK?

Regards

Bill

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Sure, no problem at all!

Senior Member Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Hey Cine,

Am having the same issue as Phoenix (Hi Bill ) but unfortunately not able to upgrade this production system till the weekend. Am running stock Samsung Lollipop 5.0 on a Note 3 with Touchdown.

Thanks.

Hello Phil!

I've checked the logs you sent, and the issue seems to be the very same one experienced by Bill - so upgrading to ZeXtras Suite 2.0.1 and re-synchronizing the device from scratch should solve it.
    When re-synchronizing the account, please follow the steps described on my previous post so that we'll be able to further investigate the issue should it appear again - I'm positive it won't, but just in case...

Also, if you don't need Tasks sync I'd suggest trying MailWise instead of TouchDown: I'm using it myself and It's working really well... It has its own email app and integrates with Android defaults for Address Book/Calendar.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 05-06-2015 at 02:39 PM.

UPDATE:

I've got some more logs and info, and it seems that the issue might still affect Touchdown clients on 2.0.1: the Devs are running a full set of tests and a throughout investigation and I'll post another update as soon as possible.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello everybody!

The devs found that a specific response being sent by Touchdown is not EAS-compliant and thus causes the "OptionParser" exception found in the logs you both sent. A custom build is almost ready, I'll PM you both a link after we've done some tests!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine

If you want to give me details of the exact problem I can file a bug report with Touchdown for this problem.

Regards

Bill

Hello Bill!

Thanks, I'll further discuss this with the devs and provide you with all due info!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

@phoenix: Bill perhaps we should both report the issue as its affecting a lot of client installs!

@phoenix: set Email Download Size in Sychronization to "No Body" and it works! Fits with what Cine has said about '0' in the ActiveSync MS Spec. Damn silly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast