Shared Calendar Not Syncing on One Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shared Calendar Not Syncing on One Account

Shared Calendar Not Syncing on One Account

Hi guys,

I've got a bit of a weird problem whereby shared calendars aren't syncing for one of my users. Here's the situation:

Both myself and my wife have our own calendars, and we share our calendar to one another via Zimbra. We are both "managers" on each others calendar. So I've added my corporate Zimbra account to my phone (Galaxy S3), and I can see both my own calendar, and my wife's shared calendar - awesome.

However, when I add my wife's corporate account to her phone (also an S3), she can see her own calendar, but not my shared calendar. As I said, both permissions are exactly the same, there are absolutely no differences between the two, so I'm not really sure what's happening here. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Kev

Nearly 50 views, but no replies.

Hi Kev and welcome to our forums.

your issue is very weird and difficult to answer because there is not yet support for shared folder on Activesync protocol with current Zextras version. Shared folder support will be the main new feature of next major version, soon available... So my guess is that all your calendars are owned by you and maybe synced in another way, or you aren't using ZxMobile module...

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi Doson,

Thanks for coming back to me. However I am 100% certain that both calendars are in sync from my Corporate account with Zimbra. I only have three accounts on my phone, 2 gmail, and 1 corporate. As you can see from the screenshot below, there is clearly two calendars being synced - my own (with the email pixelated), and "Jen" who is my wife.

The in this image, you can see the settings of the Calendar "Jen" within my Zimbra portal. As you can see in the background, this is a shared calender, and the owner (again pixelated out) is my wife's email address. So I don't own both calendars, yet both are definitely syncing to my device.

Is there an ETA on the next major release that will support multiple calendars?

Cheers,

Kev

Ok, I trust you

...but what zimbra version are you using(OSE or Network)? Are you using ZxMobile module for your corporate accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by kevq View Post
    Is there an ETA on the next major release that will support multiple calendars?
    Multiple calendar is already supported, next release will support all shared folders. It's scheduled for this month.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hey Doson,

Thanks for coming back to me. I'm using OSE. Yeah, I'm using ZxMobile in order to use ActiveSync with my corporate accounts. They're actually personal account (we use Zimbra as a kind of family exchange server), but they are set up on our devices as "corporate accounts". I hope that makes sense.

Until the new release, I will probably just add both of our accounts to my wife's account, but just sync my calendar to her device - not my mail or contacts.

Thanks again for the help, looking forward to the next release.

Kev

This still does not seem to be working. Should the shared features now be working with the latest version of Zextras?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello kevq!

The feature has indeed been added since ZeXtras Suite 2.0, did you check out the related article on the ZeXtras Support Center?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hey Cine,

Thanks for the really quick reply. Ok, so I've deployed the Client Zimlet, and I've enable mobile sync for the shared calendar, but I still can't see it on mobile device. When I open the calendar app (I'm using Android) I still just see the calendar "Kev", however I would expect to see "Kev" & "Jen".

I've forced a sync on my device, but it's just not seeing it. Am I missing something?

Anyone have any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast