Shared Calendar Not Syncing on One Account - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shared Calendar Not Syncing on One Account

Hi kevq,

not all devices support multiple calendars with ActiveSync protocol, so can you try with another device? (eg an iOS client).

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Thanks for coming back to me, D0s0n. I've been doing some research, and it seems that Android 4.4 onwards does support multi-calendars in ActiveSync. My device is running Android 5.0. However, as a test, I set up my wife's device (Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.4.4) and multi-cal works on her device.

So then I thought it might be my account (as I set her device up with her mailbox). So I set my phone up with her mailbox - same thing, only one calendar is syncing. So would I be right in thinking this is a HTC limitation? To get around it for now, I've simply set up both ArctiveSync accounts on my device, but only set my wife's calendar to sync. Not perfect, especially since it's wasting a Zextra's license. But it works for now.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Kev

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello kevq!

It's not uncommon for "branded" client to have different features and limitations than the stock ones, so you hit the spot on that...

In this case it all comes down to whether the limitation is on the synchronization side - e.g. the device simply doesn't ask for additional calendars during the sync - or on the client app itself, so my suggestion would be to try installing Mailwise, a free EAS client for Android: we tested it throughly and I use it myself on my devices, it performs well and if the limitation is just on the synchronization it will allow you to sync multiple calendars.

If the client itself is unable to handle multiple calendars, on the other hand, it's not possible to circumvent this limitation without flashing a "clean" Android ROM like the ones for Nexus devices - which is something I don't fully suggest unless the manufacturer of your device provides an official one...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thanks for the info, Cine. I've installed Mailwise, but it's the same with that - so it looks like it's a limitation of the OS. Ah well, it's not the end of the world. I'll be keeping Mailwise though, it has a really nice interface, so thanks for the tip. :-)

I suppose we can mark this thread as "solved as it's ever going to be". Thanks again for the really great assistance guys.

Kev

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hi Kev!

You're welcome, feel free to get in touch for any need!

Cine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12