ActiveSync randomly stops working Blackberry 10 since 1.8.17 upgrade - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ActiveSync randomly stops working Blackberry 10 since 1.8.17 upgrade

I don't know if this helps at all but I've found someone else with a similar to identical problem using the same OS versions as me but with a different model (Q5 instead of Q10).

They use http://www.zarafa.com/

Update: The same user using the above product reports the exact same syncing bug you fixed/worked around in the custom build. They also would set a sync interval on their phone and all sent items would sync. Doesn't look like the issue is specific to your implementation of ActiveSync and might be a bug in Blackberrys device that doesn't happen on a Microsoft ActiveSync server.
    Last edited by FiZi; 09-04-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Jay
    Code Master ZeXtras Employee
    You may be able to work around the issue by setting scheduled sync every 5/15 minutes instead of push.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras Suite Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You may be able to work around the issue by setting scheduled sync every 5/15 minutes instead of push.
    I've switched to 15 minute syncing instead of Push to see if this eliminates the problem.

After switching to a 15 minute sync the issue re-occurred. It felt like it took longer.

I then changed back to Push. The issue re-occurred.

I am back on a 15 minute sync to see if the issue occurs again.

Confirmed. Even with a 15min sync instead of push this issue occurs.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello FiZi!
    We received multiple reports about the same issue and we're still investing the possible causes to see if there's a chance to apply a server-side workaround...
    Are you running the very latest BBOS version?

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello FiZi!
    We received multiple reports about the same issue and we're still investing the possible causes to see if there's a chance to apply a server-side workaround...
    Are you running the very latest BBOS version?
    Thank you for looking into it.

I was running the latest OS available from my carrier (10.2.1.3247) when I first reported the issue and I am now running a newer, beta version of BBOS and still having the issue.

This might be related. I use a StartSSL Wildcard SSL certificate on my web server.

I haven't tried disabling SSL on my account.... I kinda don't want to either

https://forums.zarafa.com/showthread...are-10-2-2-932

Fyi I've switched to an iPhone 6 which has obviously solved my problem. I still have my Q10 and am more than happy to continue troubleshooting and testing bug fix releases.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234