Nexus 4 - Sync issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 4 - Sync issue

Nexus 4 - Sync issue

Hi,

I have been using zextras for a number of years now. I have hit a strange problem with my Nexus 4. I have recently factory reset it. Now when I set mail to sync it is constantly syncing and no new mail is coming in. It's turned into a battery draining issue. I am not sure what is at fault at the moment....

I have several devices all syncing to the same account, could this cause it? I have turned debugging on for this user but I can't see anything obvious! Please help

Michael

Hello Michael.

Could you please report the information mentioned on section 3.1 and 3.7.1 of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" guide a send logs to community@zextras.com?

I suggest you to remove from the registered device list all your unused devices, especially if you have some Outlook 2013, having too many sync states for an account can cause some issues on large accounts.

Have a nice day,
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    -oooops, looks like D0s0n beat me this time-

Last edited by Cine; 08-08-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Hi,

I have 3 Outlook 2013 devices which are active (a tablet, laptop and desktop), one android device and one iOS device syncing on this account. Is that too many? The mailbox isn't that big (870Mb). I wanted to check if there is anything obvious before I raised it as an issue. I will do the logging tonight and get them emailed across.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

there is a simple way to verify if you raised the sync size limit, you should find a warning message on your sync.log file: "The sync state for the account is too big to be saved"

Could you please check the output of this command?
    Code:
    grep "The sync state for the account is too big to be saved" /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log
    D0s0n

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi Michael,

there is a simple way to verify if you raised the sync size limit, you should find a warning message on your sync.log file: "The sync state for the account is too big to be saved"

Could you please check the output of this command?
    [code]grep "The sync state for the account is too big to be saved" /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log[code]

D0s0n
    Hi,

I have not found that string in that file at all, doing a quick tail of that log when the phone tries to sync does show the following thou:

2014-08-08 15:19:33,818 INFO [mxxxx@xxxxxl.net androidxxxxxxx] [tid=3340;] sync - Ping[3794]: Connection broken on client: 55143b2b-3073-4d2f-b0be-53ca7cdf9c7d\androidc14xxxxxx

I have added the extra xxxxx above. Could this be something?

Michael

Nope, the "Connection broken on client" message is pretty common with mobile connectivity, have you tried to connect your phone with a "stable" wifi connection?

Without the full device log is hard to bet your specific issue...

D0s0n

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Nope, the "Connection broken on client" message is pretty common with mobile connectivity, have you tried to connect your phone with a "stable" wifi connection?

Without the full device log is hard to bet your specific issue...

D0s0n
    I have emailed the log in

Thanks

Michael

I cannot find your mail, even a log trace... and I'm going at home

D0s0n

Hi Michael,

I got your mail, but the timespan of file log is too short (less then a minute). I notice also that the phone is working with EAS version 2.5 while it should uses the 14.1 with ZeXtras Suite 1.8.7, have you tried to set some EasFilters or something else?
    If you worry about the size of you mail I suggest you to compress the log file (e.g. with xz the size changes from 6Mb to 90Kb).

Howecer, on your log there is only one bad item (item:13961 on folderId:279), zxmobile is unable to send to your device. You can get that item with a zxsute command:
    Code:
    zxsuite backup getItem {yourAccountName}  13961
    Or you can try to search it on webmail by entering the string "item:13961" on your searchbox but I don't think this is related to your issue.

D0s0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast