Zxchat use for free...?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Zxchat use for free...?

Zxchat use for free...?

Hey....

I am very new to zimbra and Zextras. Actually we are using openfire for our internal chatting, After googling I found Zextras for chat.

Can we use Zextras's chat feature only...?

Our need is only internal chatting not more then that can we use it without any cost....????

Thank in advance...

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello 0ooNeoo0,
    welcome to the forums!

The ZeXtras Chat module of ZeXtras Suite is 100% free to use and does not require any paid license. To use this module, you just need to install the ZeXtras Suite package you can download from http://www.zextras.com/zextras-download-for-zimbra.html on your server: once the 30-days trial expires all modules except ZeXtras Chat will stop working, while the Instant Messaging will remain fully functional.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

In order to help other users, this is the specific documentation link: http://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/ZxChat#Module_Activation

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Thank You Cine

I have tried the same but after 30 days zextras all modules stop to and chat modules service frequently restart and all users are getting unknown error on web client top of it every buddy's session getting freeze for a min.

Before I have installed zextras_suite-1.8.14 after expire and the problem start that time I have upgrade with zextras_suite-1.8.15 that will work 15 or 20 days without any problem and then its again start the same issue after googling I found that for chatting I need to install “core” and “zimlet” only. So I have uninstall zextras_suite-1.8.15 edition and install zextras_suite-1.8.16 with “core & zimlet” again it will work for 15 to 20 days and giving the same issue.

Today my server is running without zextras and its running fine.

Please help me how to resolve the issue now people are very used it and we dun have budget for licence.

Thankx once again.

Hello 0ooNeoo0!

It's normal for all ZeXtras Suite modules except for ZxChat to stop functioning after the trial period expires and it's normal for the ZxChat service status to appear as "not running" in some cases as service monitoring is susceptible to network errors and slowliness, while the ZxChat freezes you mention are not...

In order to help you, however, I'd need to see the mailbox.log file during one of this "freezes": could you please install ZeXtras Suite again and send the mailbox.log file to community@zextras.com as soon as the issue happens again?
    I also suggest you to make sure that your zimbra's Java settings are appropriate to your setup: this is one of the most common causes of service restarts. For more information about Java's memory options please see
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Performa...ts#JVM_Options

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

So sorry d0s0n I missed your reply...

Thank You very much Cisin & d0s0n for replying. I need more help sir, I do not know why server is very slow to access all users are accssing this server via zimbra web client after dibugging i found some error log mention below. Please check and give me some guidance how to resolve it.

2014-06-28 11:14:05,365 INFO [Timer-Zimbra] [] session - WaitSet sweeper: 1 active WaitSets (1 accounts) - 1 sets with blocked callbacks
    2014-06-28 11:14:17,544 ERROR [qtp211546549-8210:https://48.48.48.213:443/service/soap/SaveDraftRequest] [name=purchase1@xyz.com;mid=37;ip=48.48.48.200;ua=Z imbraWebClient - FF30 (Win)/8.0.7_GA_6021;] mailbox - Failed to lock mailbox
    Lock Owner - qtp211546549-8182:https://48.48.48.213:443/service/soap/SaveDraftRequest prio=5 id=8182 state=BLOCKED
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.logger.FileLogWriter.log(Fil eLogWriter.java:338)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoLogManager.logOnly(RedoL ogManager.java:441)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoLogManager.log(RedoLogMa nager.java:379)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.op.RedoableOp.log(RedoableOp .java:121)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.endTransaction(Mailb ox.java:8604)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessageInternal(M ailbox.java:5662)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:5342)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.saveDraft(Mailbox.ja va:5750)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SaveDraft.handle(SaveDr aft.java:132)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:522)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:385)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:258)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:294)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:210)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:207)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:654)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1320)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.CsrfFilter.doFilter(CsrfFilt er.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1291)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.RequestStringFilter.doFilter (RequestStringFilter.java:52)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1291)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:57)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilte r(UserAgentFilter.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter(Gzi pFilter.java:256)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ETagHeaderFilter.doFilter(ET agHeaderFilter.java:45)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraQoSFilter.doFilter(Zim braQoSFilter.java:114)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain (DoSFilter.java:474)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSF ilter.java:345)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSF ilter.java:316)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle( ServletHandler.java:443)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:556)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Handle(SessionHandler.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Handle(ContextHandler.java:1044)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(S ervletHandler.java:372)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Scope(SessionHandler.java:189)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Scope(ContextHandler.java:978)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCol lection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection .handle(HandlerCollection.java:154)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:317)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.hand le(DebugHandler.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java :369)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.ha ndleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:486)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.co ntent(AbstractHttpConnection.java:944)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$Re questHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1 005)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpPa rser.java:865)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(H ttpParser.java:240)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handl e(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SslConnection.handle(SslC onnection.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.han dle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:668)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.r un(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.run Job(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.r un(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Hello 0ooNeoo0!

The "mailbox - Failed to lock mailbox Lock Owner - qtp211546549-8182:https://48.48.48.213:443/service/soap/SaveDraftRequest prio=5 id=8182 state=BLOCKED" error is usually a symptom of an issue related to the number of connections generated by the Zimbra WebClient: I'd suggest to tewak the "zimbra_mailbox_lock_max_waiting_threads" localconfig property a bit in order to find a more suitable value for your needs. Also, make sure your JVM options are set up according to the info in the link I posted in my previous reply.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello,

I am using "Zimbra Network Edition 8.0.7" 64 bit on CentOS 6.5 OS.

Now, I am trying to configure "zxchat" module in ZIMBRA Server. Considering the chat purpose, I have installed
    * zextras_suite-latest.tgz
    * zextras_chat_zimlet-latest.tgz

modules properly as per the given instructions in documentation.

But, executing "zxsuite chat server start" command as "zimbra" user is giving "Invalid action "server"" message...!!!.

So, I would like to know how to enable chat module in zimbra for proper utilization. Below is the documentation link that I have followed.
    ZxChat Admin Guide - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

Regards,
    Nishith N.Vyas

Additionally, below is the output of the next command.

[zimbra@localhost ~]$ zxsuite chat setProperty ZxChat_Enabled true

Unknown property: ZxChat_Enabled

Regards,
    Nishith N.Vyas

Hello Nishith,
    welcome to the forums!

The ZeXtras Wiki article you mentioned was not updated to the new Service Management system, sorry for the inconvenience!

The ZeXtras Chat Module, however, is automatically enabled after installing ZeXtras Suite: could you please check the service's status in the "Core" section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet?
    If "ZxChat" is marked as "Running" the service is active and functional, and you only need to enable the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet for one or more users/COS in order for your users to be able to chat!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast