Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Left side of buddy list and scroll bar malformed in IE8

DiQ

Left side of buddy list and scroll bar malformed in IE8

Zimbra 7.2.6
    ZxChat 1.17
    Win7 64
    IE8

On initial login the right side of the buddy window is malformed. Where as it Chrome it doesn't reach the right side of the screen until maximised in IE8 it does reach the right, but looks malformed. See 1 attached.

If minimised and then returned to the original position the ability to scroll disappears altogether. It's not even possible to scroll with a mouse wheel. See 2 attached.

If maximised to the right side of the screen the scroll bar disappears completely leaving the user unable to scroll if they don't have a mouse wheel or similar. See 3 attached.

When returned to the original position from maximised the scroll bar reappears but it's look is altered and functionality strange with the ability to move the bar off the bottom of the screen. See 4 attached.

Bug 121 created.

1-IE8-side-bork.PNG
    2-Missing-scroll.jpg
    3-Missing-max-scroll-bar.jpg
    4-Odd-looking-scroll.PNG

DiQ
    Can anyone confirm this ?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello DiQ!

The Dev Team is investigating your report, which is currently on low priority due to the fact that both the affected Zimbra Version and Browser are not officially supported...
    I'll report back to you as soon as I have any news!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    Ok, fair enough.

I had the impression that it was supported on Zimbra 7.x (IM for everybody) and IE8

Quote Originally Posted by DiQ View Post
    Ok, fair enough.

I had the impression that it was supported on Zimbra 7.x (IM for everybody) and IE8
    Hello DiQ!

Actually, Zimbra 8 and Chrome/Firefox are "Supported" platforms, as we offer full support on such Zimbra version and Browsers, while "works with" Zimbra 7.x and IE means that we build and test the software for such browsers and Zimbra Version aswell but offer low-priority support for issues only affecting those platforms (compared to "supported" platforms of course, we won't ever leave you on your own )...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    we won't ever leave you on your own
    That is good to know !

To update I'm seeing this in testing with with Zim 8.07 in IE8 and have updated the bug report accordingly.

Hello!

This issue has been fixed in version 1.18 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, see http://forums.zextras.com/news-annou....html#post4384 for more informations...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am experiencing exactly the same problems as I first described above with version 1.18 in Zim7. Do I need to be running Zim8 for these issues to be fixed ?

1.18.PNG

Hello DiQ,

the fix introduced in version 1.18 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet was effective in both our Zimbra7 and Zimbra8 tests, so I'm a bit puzzled...
    Could you please access the ZWC in Dev Mode (add ?dev=1 at the end of the URL - e.g. https://mail.yourdomain.com/?dev=1) and retry? If this way the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is properly displayed then clearing your browser's cache should get rid of it once and for all, otherwise please let us know.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    Exactly the same issue with https://mail.yourdomain.com/?dev=1

dev-mode.PNG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast