User cannot use zxchat because of resource account?

Thread: User cannot use zxchat because of resource account?

User cannot use zxchat because of resource account?

Hi there

I have a user who cannot use zxchat and under that setting, it states: The Instant Messaging service is not available for Resource accounts.

The thing is, i've no idea why this account is a resource account, and shouldnt be. The account isnt listed under normal accounts, but isnt also listed under resouce accounts, but if i search on zimbra admin for the account, i can see it and edit it etc.

Any ideas please? Currently it says I have 54 users, but 5 of those are resource accounts and ive no idea how to change them back..

Thanks

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello MercJones!

Does this issue happen when the user logs into his/hers mailbox or when you log into that mailbox through the "View Mail" feature? In the latter case this is perfectly normal, as the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is not available when performing a delegated access...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello MercJones!

Does this issue happen when the user logs into his/hers mailbox or when you log into that mailbox through the "View Mail" feature? In the latter case this is perfectly normal, as the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is not available when performing a delegated access...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine,

It occurs when the user logs directly into their own email (not via view mail feature).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MercJones View Post
    Hi Cine,

It occurs when the user logs directly into their own email (not via view mail feature).

Thanks.
    This is very strange... Could you please send the output of the following command to community@zextras.com?

Code:
    (as zimbra)
    zmprov -l ga affectedaccount@domain.com
    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    This is very strange... Could you please send the output of the following command to community@zextras.com?

Code:
    (as zimbra)
    zmprov -l ga affectedaccount@domain.com
    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Just sent it across thanks

Hello MercJones!

I've checked the output you sent and it looks like this account is a System Account, which is not formally correct, as the "zimbraIsSystemAccount" property is set to "TRUE".
    You can change this by running the following command:

Code:
    (as zimbra)
    zmprov ma affectedaccount@domain.com zimbraIsSystemAccount FALSE
    To check if any other account has this property set to TRUE you can run this search in the Zimbra Administration Console:

Code:
    (zimbraIsSystemAccount=TRUE)
    Normally, this search returns the ham, spam, quarantine and (on older Zimbra versions) wiki accounts plus all GalSync accounts on the server. Should this search return any user mailboxes, use the aforementioned command...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team