chat history

Thread: chat history

chat history

Hi,

I have Zimbra 8.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04. My zestras version is 1.8.7 with the newest chat zimlet deployed. Now after Zimbra upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.04 and followinf Zextras update new talks are not saved into history. When i go to chat folder I can see only old posts.

I must admit that this also happened in previous Zimbra and zextras versions. Please tell me what can I do to improve/fix this functionality.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by mkazmierczyk View Post
    Hi,

I have Zimbra 8.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04. My zestras version is 1.8.7 with the newest chat zimlet deployed. Now after Zimbra upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.04 and followinf Zextras update new talks are not saved into history. When i go to chat folder I can see only old posts.

I must admit that this also happened in previous Zimbra and zextras versions. Please tell me what can I do to improve/fix this functionality.

Regards,
    A little update, now messages sent to me when I was offline wasn't displayed in chat window but was delivered as they were Chat history, but they were saved in Inbox rather than in chat folder.

Anothe strange issue is that today default status of all my users suddenly changed to offline no matter that they were all online.

Regards,

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello!

A little update, now messages sent to me when I was offline wasn't displayed in chat window but was delivered as they were Chat history, but they were saved in Inbox rather than in chat folder.
    Working as intended, this is the default behaviour for messages sent when the recipient is offline...

Anothe strange issue is that today default status of all my users suddenly changed to offline no matter that they were all online.
    Hmmm... Did you also get a toaster notification stating that the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet couldn't contact the chat server?
    Also, should this happen another time, please try to access the Zimbra Web Client in dev mode, if this fixes the issue you should clear your browser's cache.

Regards,
    Have a nice day!
    Cine

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello!

Working as intended, this is the default behaviour for messages sent when the recipient is offline...

Hmmm... Did you also get a toaster notification stating that the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet couldn't contact the chat server?
    Also, should this happen another time, please try to access the Zimbra Web Client in dev mode, if this fixes the issue you should clear your browser's cache.

Have a nice day!
    Cine
    Thanks for quick answers. Now I am aware of new behavior but it doesn't change the fact that I am still unable to see history of talks I made with online users.

I see history from first install of zextras chat until 06.06.2013 and then nothing. Any new conversation is not reflected in history.

Regards,

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello everybody,

a bug in the "autosave" chat history feature has been found and solved. The fix has been pushed to the production tree and will be available in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.8.

Since this issue only affects the "autosave" feature that kicks in when the ZWC is closed (or unable to contact the chat server), a temoporary workaround is to manually close all chat windows before closing the ZWC. This will correctly save the chat history, including all those messages that weren't saved because of the autosave issue.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team